What's new

Morden

Student
Reaction score
I have a Vendetta board in the mail and it's the 4 Player version. While there's nothing inherently wring with the game itself, the 4P version doesn't let you pick your character freely. It has the characters assigned to players 1 - 4, which means P1 will always play as Blood, P2 as Hawk, P3 as Boomer and P4 as Sledge. With that in ind, I'd like to convert it to the 2 Player version. I think I've seen someone on eBay providing this as a service, so if I'm remembering correctly, this can definitely be done. Has anyone in here tried it? Any info would be appreciated.

It's just a rom swap of two EPROMs. I can't remember the details as I did mine years ago but Google should have the answer.

I think it's actually just (1) eprom at location 17C.

I did google around before posting, but I find it's always best to ask for first hand experience than try to piece things together from searches. Either way, it would appear only one chip needs to be swapped, and like Ace said, it's the 17c. It basically swaps the player count and / or region. A region swap comes with additional benefits of being uncensored if your base board is a US one. The MAME driver lists 17c as a "32Pin 1Mbit UV-EPROM", so I guess I'll check if I have it on hand, and if not, order a couple of M27c1001-10f1's.

If you want the "uncensored" version, you will want to burn the Asian version of the rom as it was censored for every other territory.

Reactions: nem
Back