Deathsmiles 2

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Deathsmiles 2

Does anyone know how to get Deathsmiles 2 working on Niko's Type X2 Multi? It is literally the only thing I'm missing (I can live without Jonestown) now that I've moved from the ArcadeModBios Multi to Niko's Freeware TTX2 Multi. I'm currently happy as a pig in poop playing around with all the new games, the game videos and of course emulators (without having to manually delete and replace a file on the multi every single time I want to play Wizball), but this one small thing is niggling at me. It burns.

So, if there's any help or wisdom out there I'd be much obliged!
    • Urabutbl wrote:

Does anyone know how to get Deathsmiles 2 working on Niko's Type X2 Multi? It is literally the only thing I'm missing (I can live without Jonestown) now that I've moved from the ArcadeModBios Multi to Niko's Freeware TTX2 Multi. I'm currently happy as a pig in poop playing around with all the new games, the game videos and of course emulators (without having to manually delete and replace a file on the multi every single time I want to play Wizball), but this one small thing is niggling at me. It burns.

So, if there's any help or wisdom out there I'd be much obliged!
      I'm just curious here, what emulators are you running along with the multi and is there a tutorial out there to get them running?
    • ekorz wrote:

It's not supported but I'm pretty sure you can get it running. try turning off the "GameExit" feature before you launch it
      Ah! Thank you! That did get it running, however the inputs won't work. I read in another thread about putting a "config-file" that set JVS to yes in the Deathsmiles2-directory (E:\DeathSmiles2\TypeXMulti), so I copied the exact same structure from one of the other games that had this. Any ideas what's wrong? The most obvious one is that the version of Deathsmiles I have is the "wrong" one, but the fact that it starts at all belies this somewhat...

Geddon wrote:

I'm just curious here, what emulators are you running along with the multi and is there a tutorial out there to get them running?
      I'm just at the start as I got Niko's Multi up and running just yesterday. At the moment I'm using @Sjlewis78 and @Dreygor's setup for MAME which can be found over at Mame for Taito Type X2 on Niko's v1.4 multi, which works great.

However, I've also started experimenting with Winuae and Glaunch to see if I can get them to run in Niko's Multi. Many years ago I managed to get the ArcadeModBios-multi to launch Vice64, Nesticle etcetc by using Glaunch as a go-between, so if I can only get it working on Nikos, I should be golden. No idea how it'll go but I'll put up a thread as soon as something works!
    • I just checked on the 2.0 hard drive and yes the game either does not work on or starts but you can't do anything because buttons are not responsive to anything.
      I just copied my game from my 1.4 drive to the 2.0 one and it is working on the 1.4.

However, if you launch the game from the AM, then it works, however, you won't be able to exit the game, even by using the test menu exit option.
      Also, if you disable the "exit game" option, then the game launches and is playable, but like when using AM, there are no ways to exit the game then after.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Mackie ().