What's new

Urabutbl

Student
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get Deathsmiles 2 working on Niko's Type X2 Multi? It is literally the only thing I'm missing (I can live without Jonestown) now that I've moved from the ArcadeModBios Multi to Niko's Freeware TTX2 Multi. I'm currently happy as a pig in poop playing around with all the new games, the game videos and of course emulators (without having to manually delete and replace a file on the multi every single time I want to play Wizball), but this one small thing is niggling at me. It burns.

So, if there's any help or wisdom out there I'd be much obliged!

I had it running on my v1.4 multi, not sure if it is still supported in v2.0?
Similar to the Examu games which I had under v1.4, never tried those on v2.0

I dont think they are supported on new version.They should work on older 1.4 version

It's not supported but I'm pretty sure you can get it running. try turning off the "GameExit" feature before you launch it

Does anyone know how to get Deathsmiles 2 working on Niko's Type X2 Multi? It is literally the only thing I'm missing (I can live without Jonestown) now that I've moved from the ArcadeModBios Multi to Niko's Freeware TTX2 Multi. I'm currently happy as a pig in poop playing around with all the new games, the game videos and of course emulators (without having to manually delete and replace a file on the multi every single time I want to play Wizball), but this one small thing is niggling at me. It burns.

So, if there's any help or wisdom out there I'd be much obliged!
I'm just curious here, what emulators are you running along with the multi and is there a tutorial out there to get them running?

It's not supported but I'm pretty sure you can get it running. try turning off the "GameExit" feature before you launch it
Ah! Thank you! That did get it running, however the inputs won't work. I read in another thread about putting a "config-file" that set JVS to yes in the Deathsmiles2-directory (E:\DeathSmiles2\TypeXMulti), so I copied the exact same structure from one of the other games that had this. Any ideas what's wrong? The most obvious one is that the version of Deathsmiles I have is the "wrong" one, but the fact that it starts at all belies this somewhat...

I'm just curious here, what emulators are you running along with the multi and is there a tutorial out there to get them running?
I'm just at the start as I got Niko's Multi up and running just yesterday. At the moment I'm using @Sjlewis78 and @Dreygor's setup for MAME which can be found over at Mame for Taito Type X2 on Niko's v1.4 multi, which works great.

However, I've also started experimenting with Winuae and Glaunch to see if I can get them to run in Niko's Multi. Many years ago I managed to get the ArcadeModBios-multi to launch Vice64, Nesticle etcetc by using Glaunch as a go-between, so if I can only get it working on Nikos, I should be golden. No idea how it'll go but I'll put up a thread as soon as something works!

It can be run. Please delete some unnecessary files, such as dynamic link library files, D3D files and other files unrelated to the game. Generally, it is caused by *. DLL that cannot run. Try to delete it yourself!

I just checked on the 2.0 hard drive and yes the game either does not work on or starts but you can't do anything because buttons are not responsive to anything.
I just copied my game from my 1.4 drive to the 2.0 one and it is working on the 1.4.

However, if you launch the game from the AM, then it works, however, you won't be able to exit the game, even by using the test menu exit option.
Also, if you disable the "exit game" option, then the game launches and is playable, but like when using AM, there are no ways to exit the game then after.

Last edited:
Hmm, when you say it works "when launched from the AM", what do you mean by that?

Deathsmiles 2 and eX-Board games work on the Multi ver2 but you have to disable the patches and game exit feature In the Multi menu. Then the games should load and work properly with controls ;)

I've tried it with and without patches and game exit feature, but it sadly doesn't help. My latest theory is based on the fact that most of the versions of Deathsmiles2 floating around seem to have been modified using a program called "DS2_Loader", or need to be modified with it; without it, the keybindings in the game are all set to null. I did an experiment where I set the coin to "1" and then transferred that game to the multi; starts fine, and if I press "1" on a connected keyboard, I get a credit!

Theoretically, this means I could set the game's keybindings on my PC to whatever the JVS outputs, launch it once, and then transfer the game to my multi. However, this means I need to know what "buttons" the TTX2 thinks my JVS is outputting... and I have no idea (nothing happens if i press buttons while in command prompt on the TTX2).

I guess I'll have to keep experimenting... unless some kind soul sent me a copy of Deathsmiles2 they KNOW work on the multi. (hint. hinthinthint).

Hmm, when you say it works "when launched from the AM", what do you mean by that?
If I use the Attract Mode that was originally designed for the 1.4 image, then it works.
The issue with Attract Mode on the 2.0 image is that it switch to low resolution once you exited any games.

I gave up for now with ttx2 until I know more about the system and underlying running stuffs so I can eventually work on something that handles everything properly on my machine.

I just copied the files from the 1.4 multi to the 2.0 multi, but i still need to test it.

well i was given another image that worked from somebody and it can be on 1.4 oe 2.0 it loads fine, and runs, but still no inputs work, so i am putting it down to both the namco i/o and the taito fast i/o

And as for Ottomedius which i am desperate to play on my cabs, well thats just not happening at all for me, no matter which of the few versions i have , everything else works a treat though

It's definitely down to what specific copy one has. A lot of the ones floating around come with, or have been modified, with something called "DSloader" to work with a Keyboard on a PC, and on some versions you need to run the config first since the DSloader is set to null across the board. I set coin1 to "1" on keyboard on my PC on the old version, transferred the files to the multi, and then I could in fact coin up if I plugged in a keyboard to the TTX2.

However, I got a new version from someone here that DOES work perfectly with all my controls - but only if I launch it from the command prompt (using the keyboard to cd into the correct directory and then manually typing game.exe). Starting with or without patches, or autobooting it, all results in no inputs accepted on v2.0 .I've not tried autostarting from USB because I can't get that feature to work - though again, I can cd onto the USB from the command-prompt, and then it works. Very odd, but there you are.

EDIT: Got the explanation for why the USB won't autoboot, it's because the game.exe is actually just a workaround to inject the inputs, so it exits and then the launcher menu is automatically relaunched before the actual game file gets started.

Last edited:
well i was given another image that worked from somebody and it can be on 1.4 oe 2.0 it loads fine, and runs, but still no inputs work, so i am putting it down to both the namco i/o and the taito fast i/o

And as for Ottomedius which i am desperate to play on my cabs, well thats just not happening at all for me, no matter which of the few versions i have , everything else works a treat though
The Namco I/O in my Noir wouldn’t recognize inputs for the compiled MAME I grabbed from these forums.

Mame for Taito Type X2 on Niko's v1.4 multi

I've been paying attention to this issue for a long time. Can anyone solve it?It's one of my favorite games. Come on

Back