What's new

synbiosfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
  • There's a lot of people who are gifted in artwork so start thinking!
New multi cartridge labels, manuals, marquees, etc.

I'd love to see what you guys come up with :thumbsup:

MS, KOF, Puzzle Bobble...

No Riding Heroes, that's already done 8)

Last edited:
Yeah Id love to make some. What did you have in mind? A NeoGeo shockbox insert, arcade cab move strip etc?

Here's some stuff I have done before:

Akai Katana Custom Vewlix move strip
Crimzon Clover custom move strip
Metal Slug re-done revectored etc 300dpi move strip
Sol Divide
ProGear

11242538_1853416104883650_171455939_n.jpg

11142879_1624831471065640_391059696_n.jpg

11008269_394510360728738_1816347555_n.jpg

11078652_944785332207509_673906479_n.jpg

10995245_1550135835264168_1190404354_n.jpg

Last edited:
@Milspex
You should really use Illustrator instead of Photoshop since all the Logos are vector-based on the template.
Also you need to add a cut-safe-area of at least 2mm on every edge.
If you want to use your file for offset-printing, don't forget to include a color-profile.
If you got the artwork with that dog from the internet (on that website where you can download different ads) then it's probably not descreened/derasterized and will look odd when printed offset.

edit:
I can provide templates for both MVS and AES that line up with the standard SNK-style so you can easily add your artwork.
There should be 3 different templates then:
-MVS (Shockbox from BigBear)
-AES Classic Box
-AES Clamshell Box

For me, a marquee and cartridge label are my main desires. I should be picking up a one slot project cabinet this weekend. I'm not sure if it comes with a marquee or not. I may need a mini marquee or a complete one.

I just figured make an artwork request thread for everyone. That way we can not derail the other thread and hopefully reduce the number of threads on this same topic.

@Milspex nice work!!!

Is this supposed to be artwork for the multi? I mean, there's tons of custom art (mostly minis and shock inserts) for most Neo games. Not that the world couldn't use more, that is :) But I'd think that'd go in the general arcade talk forum, not the Neo multi cart forum.

Strictly the multi cart, which is why I put the thread here. New custom stuff incorporating Darksoft's name and the new product.

Let them worry about technical things and hopefully one of us can come up with a cool design.

I edited the thread title and op, thanks for pointing that out Mattroid. I don't want to clutter this section up, not my intention and I can definitely see how it could go that way.

Last edited:
I assumed so, I just wanted to be sure and to limit any confusion :) Anything anyone makes is welcome to host in the Neo gallery on Arcade Crusade.

Looks great, I'm contemplating ditching the dog idea now though.

10731584_532948303529049_1745938389_n.jpg

not quite sure, but hopefully darksoft will consider the pcb design to fit into regular shells ^^

It's definitely a concern, mainly because an old post of his said that the board would support both AES and MVS (like one edge connector on one side, the other on the other side). If this is the case, we'll definitely need custom shells of some kind. It'd be great if it fit standard shocks, but we probably won't know for a while.

Doesnt matter, designs can be edited and altered to fit

I for one use the Neominibox for my MVS stuff, so would love to see something that's a spine-only label able to be made for that (and yes, requesting this to Daniele will make more sense, but I don't think he's made his way over here yet)

not quite sure, but hopefully darksoft will consider the pcb design to fit into regular shells ^^
Well, haven't started yet so can say. Although support for Both AES + MVS sounds nice can end up making the cartridges unnecessarily more expensive. I don't know yet, maybe I'll reselase one for MVS, one for AES and one for both.....difference in design should be minimum.

I don't know yet, maybe I'll reselase one for MVS, one for AES and one for both.....difference in design should be minimum.
Not that it's a deal breaker but personally I'd prefer an MVS version that do fit into a regular shell :thumbsup:

Well, haven't started yet so can say. Although support for Both AES + MVS sounds nice can end up making the cartridges unnecessarily more expensive. I don't know yet, maybe I'll reselase one for MVS, one for AES and one for both.....difference in design should be minimum.
While I'll buy whatever becomes available, if all three options were there, I'd likely prefer separate single carts for MVS and AES.

Back