What's new
I’ll first need the HAS though right? Or just one of those arcade power bricks? Not sure how I will actually hook it up to a monitor/speakers... Also don’t want to blow up my PVM with an unattenuated signal. I’ve never done anything like this before.

Sorry I was more referring to “So you should be able to see if it boots and plays blind...”. After figuring out what I determine to be video/audio/power/etc pins, then to boot it and let it play I’d need first a power adapter, the HAS, and then some kind of JAMMA adapter right? Or will it transmit the signal to my CRT wirelessly? (kidding on the last bit)

I assumed you at least owned an arcade power supply.

Your CRT isn't related as I'd said you'd be able to see if it plays blind :P

HAS is not going to do you any more or less work than just wiring it up straight, honestly. If you wanted to power it over JAMMA you'd have to wire up an entire custom harness anyway.

This is a little above my head. So I’ll need an arcade power supply to use a HAS anyway, and the HAS doesn’t come with one, so I might as well get one right? And once I hook the PCB up to power how will I know if it’s running without it being attached to audio/video monitors?

Okay so there are two rods for Speaker, so obviously that's the left and right audio channels right? So I will need a multimeter (which I have), speakers of any kind (computer speakers?), and a generic arcade power supply? So once I figure out the power pinout then how do I physically connect the power and speaker rods to the power supply and speakers?

and a generic arcade power supply?
Yep. There's a big thread on here about what ones are best, I think most people buy some Meanwell model nowadays? I haven't had to buy one in a long time, so check that thread.
Okay so there are two rods for Speaker, so obviously that's the left and right audio channels right?
2 pins per audio channel. This is mono. If it were stereo you'd have 4.
speakers of any kind (computer speakers?)
PC speakers usually have an amp of some sort in them so not a good choice. You're going to want a plain old speaker. Should be 8 ohms.
So once I figure out the power pinout then how do I physically connect the power and speaker rods to the power supply and speakers?
You'll need to crimp connectors to wires and plug them into the connectors on the PCB.

Okay so there are two rods for Speaker, so obviously that's the left and right audio channels right? So I will need a multimeter (which I have), speakers of any kind (computer speakers?), and a generic arcade power supply? So once I figure out the power pinout then how do I physically connect the power and speaker rods to the power supply and speakers?
They're called "pins" not "rods".
and if there are only 2 of them then chances are it's mono, speaker+ and speaker-

use your multi meter to figure out where they go if one of them goes to ground then it's probably speaker-, figure out what chip the other one goes to and if it's an amplifier then you'll want to hook up directly to a speaker, if not you may need to run it through a separate amplifier (like PC speakers which generally have built-in amplification).

Similarly we don't know what the voltage requirements are. there's a good chance they're the same as most other arcade games, but there's also a possibility that it's not, if it were me I wouldn't be investing in a power supply until after I've completed identifying all of the pins on the power connector.

One thing at a time, USE YOUR MULTIMETER TO FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU CAN, and then go from there.

you're making this WAY harder than it needs to be.

Sorry guys for making this seem like a big deal but you gotta treat me like a little baby... it is a big deal for me lol. I know some technical terminology but I also pretty much know nothing. Will update when I'm able to begin testing.

What do you mean by 'fully working setup'? And there are only five arcade games that I want so I don't think there'd be anything much simpler than this. Also I don't have the money to get the other four games right now because this is the cheapest one.

What do you mean by 'fully working setup'? And there are only five arcade games that I want so I don't think there'd be anything much simpler than this. Also I don't have the money to get the other four games right now because this is the cheapest one.
Almost any non redemption game would be an easier project than this.

I mean the guy I mentioned before who has almost every part of this machine for sale on eBay. Could buy the cables, PCB, etc etc etc from them and have them tell you how it's hooked up.

Otherwise you're gonna have to learn a bunch. Starting with deducting the pinouts for all the relevant connectors, learn to use a multimeter, crimp wires, find a power supply, etc.

Actually. Did that guy pull through with the scan of the manual from Facebook? That'd solve half your issues.

Sorry guys for making this seem like a big deal but you gotta treat me like a little baby... it is a big deal for me lol. I know some technical terminology but I also pretty much know nothing. Will update when I'm able to begin testing.
it's not that you're making it a big deal, it's that you're trying to plan out steps 5 through 23 when you haven't even attempted step 1 yet.

there's nothing wrong with being a newbie at this stuff, but what you need to do is just start poking around on the PCB with your multimeter. and writing down what you're discovering. don't worry about ANYTHING else yet... start small, start simple and worry about the other stuff when you get to that point, otherwise you'll just overwhelm yourself and never get anything done.

Okay the person will be scanning the manual for me soon so I'll just wait for that first.

Okay here are some of the manual pages. It's good that the dip switch settings are listed, but none of this stuff will actually help me with figuring out how everything connects huh? So I guess I'll have to figure it out myself

Also where would be a good arcade preservation kind of site to upload this manual so it gets preserved?

Attachments

• X the Ball [page 2] EDIT SMALL-GIMP.jpeg
    X the Ball [page 2] EDIT SMALL-GIMP.jpeg
    658 KB · Views: 128
  • X the Ball [page 3] EDIT SMALL-GIMP.jpeg
    X the Ball [page 3] EDIT SMALL-GIMP.jpeg
    568.3 KB · Views: 133
  • X the Ball [page 4] EDIT SMALL-GIMP.jpeg
    X the Ball [page 4] EDIT SMALL-GIMP.jpeg
    613.3 KB · Views: 122
  • X the Ball [page 5] EDIT SMALL-GIMP.jpeg
    X the Ball [page 5] EDIT SMALL-GIMP.jpeg
    727.6 KB · Views: 117
  • X the Ball [page 6] EDIT SMALL-GIMP.jpeg
    X the Ball [page 6] EDIT SMALL-GIMP.jpeg
    831.8 KB · Views: 112
  • X the Ball [page 7] EDIT SMALL-GIMP.jpeg
    X the Ball [page 7] EDIT SMALL-GIMP.jpeg
    897.7 KB · Views: 124
  • X the Ball [page 8] EDIT SMALL-GIMP.jpeg
    X the Ball [page 8] EDIT SMALL-GIMP.jpeg
    744.8 KB · Views: 112
Why just some of the pages?

Are the rest even more irrelevant?

Wow. That’s rough, the manual doesn’t address the mystery pcb or any of the pins on the main pcb.

I do hope you get this working. Recently I converted a redemption game to jamma, but I had a manual complete with pinouts and a decent amount of experience at this stuff. Props to @rewrite and @twistedsymphony for leaning in, but I do have to think...

Non jamma
Redemption
Separate mystery pcb
Trackball io
Unhelpful manual...

I would definitely be trying to find a complete cab at this point... somehow. Emailing YouTube video owners, searching arcade records. And/or I’d buy that wiring harness and ask the seller if they have any photos or notes before disassembly.

You picked a really tough first project! Don’t get discouraged if you don’t get this running for a while.

Back