What's new

chacal231077

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hi! :)
I would like to know what is the chip to change and reprogram to change the region for games in general .I have a Censored Fighting Layer with green impacts it's too ugly :thumbdown: lol.Thank you :)

There is only one revision for fighting layer that’s been dumped. FLT0/VER.A

But the good news is you can change the Hit Color from green to red from the test mode Game Options sub-menu.

In general, the main program roms decide the region, so you could identify which chips need changing by looking at the mame driver here. For example on Ergheiz you would change 2e and 2j

Last edited:
On system 11 and system 12 to change region you need to change the program ROMs. the Program ROMs are the fine pitched flash ROMs located on the main board. you need A LOT of surface mount soldering skills to replace them.

Hi! :)

I have two Fighting Layer PCB ,the version of Hit Green lacks the change color Hit option.
I swap the rom board that doesn't change anything.

I think the motherboard is zoned or blocker for a region.

What is the chip on the motherboard that manages this?

What do you think about it ?

Green Hit Version

Red Hit Version

On system 11 and system 12 to change region you need to change the program ROMs. the Program ROMs are the fine pitched flash ROMs located on the main board. you need A LOT of surface mount soldering skills to replace them.
Armed Firrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre :thumbsup:

Last edited:
If you’re gonna pull those, might as well dump them! I wonder what’s different on FTL3

If you’re gonna pull those, might as well dump them! I wonder what’s different on FTL
I have ordered new ones just now .
I do not know the technical differences of the update for the game.I just know that playing with the Green Hits is disgusting <X

for the adapter we can confirm ?( :?:

I have a US Ehrgeiz to modify in jap it's the same modification :?:

Same chips, the program roms hold the region code. I’ve never swapped these specific ones myself, I’ve never had a reason to.

Just to make sure, though, you need to make sure you are using appropriate replacements. what chips did you order? Are they the right voltage, 5v? Do they have the same pinout as the mask roms you’re going to pull, or are you going to have to make other modifications?

I hope you have good flux and a steady hand! I’d certainly do ergheiz first, as a test run

Hi!:)

I managed to change my region of Fighting Layer censored I had an unknown Revision of Mame FLT4/VerA, the Hits were of Green color impossible to change in the Bios of the game, now yes.

And I had an Ehrgeiz EG2/VER.A now in Jap for the title and nicer ^^

On the other hand for The Fighting Layer I was entitled to a first Power on and I no longer had any hidden Characters. However, I did not remove the battery on this one.:(

Does anyone have an explanation to this ?

if not a trick to accelerate the unlocking of characters to bypass the game clock?

Rom Patched or other ?

Thank You :thumbup:

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpeg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Attachments