What's new

moomeow

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need some advise :(

I currently have a MVS 1A hooked up to my New Astro City and it works perfectly.

I recently purchased a Pandora's Box 4 and tried hooking it up. But I get no image on screen. Instead I notice a red blinking light inside the Pandora's Box. I also notice a red light blinking on the power supply in the Arcade Machine.

So I tried to rectify it by buying a JNX Atlas Adaptor. I tried it. but still, the same. Not working and just blinking red lights.

Could it be an issue with voltages?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Been trying to fix this for so long and have no idea whats wrong or how to fix it….

Thank you,
Wesley

I know that the PB4 takes very little power, so when I had my MVS or CPS2 set to 5V the PB4 would get to much if I didn't turn down the 5V before connecting it.
Could be worth a try?

Thanks Pascal :) I'll try that tonight.

Can I check how do I turn down the 5v? Is it the box in the arcade machine? And I turn the knob clockwise?

Is it safe to turn by myself or do I need a voltmeter?

You need a voltmeter. It's not something you guess. You'll blow up pcbs very easily that way.

There should be a potmeter somewhere on your PSU, could be external, but could also be internal and you need to stick a screwdriver in a hole somewhere.
Depends a bit on your PSU type.

Connect a voltmeter to the jamma connector or your JNX adapter (pin 1/2 is ground, pin 3/4 is 5V) and adjust it accordingly.
If you reconnect the MVS there is a big change you need to turn up the 5V again as these are more power hungry than a PB4

Back