What's new
Yes I meant the blank EPROMs, need everything else cheers.

ZglsMBz_d.jpg

Well, I shorted a cap and popped a trace... I was rushing it too much. But it all ends well, working 100% now. ATF16V8B are fine too.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Well, I shorted a cap and popped a trace... I was rushing it too much. But it all ends well, working 100% now. ATF16V8B are fine too.
Excellent!
Good to know ATF's work too, they are easier to get hold of :D

Ps : THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WITH THE NA1-2 motherboards must be in WORKING CONDITION !
And for the love of God get a close-up pic of the audio section.

Poor @Rg111 bought his "working", but it has no sound, and the entire thing's had cap leak damage T_T. If anyone needs it, when I'm done, I'll have whipped up a digikey cart for every part in that chunk of the board...

Ps : THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WITH THE NA1-2 motherboards must be in WORKING CONDITION !
And for the love of God get a close-up pic of the audio section.
Poor @Rg111 bought his "working", but it has no sound, and the entire thing's had cap leak damage T_T. If anyone needs it, when I'm done, I'll have whipped up a digikey cart for every part in that chunk of the board...
Hopefully the pads and tracks are still good. If there's ANY leak on the 2 fine pitch customs - clean it right away. (but don't be rough on the pins...)

Hopefully the pads and tracks are still good. If there's ANY leak on the 2 fine pitch customs - clean it right away. (but don't be rough on the pins...)
One of the traces you can see corroded underneath the soldermask. The rest /appears/ fine.

I gave it a good scrub already, but want to get better pictures before removing anything.

I hate trying to figure out surface mount part numbers too as I'm still really new to it and they don't seem labeled as directly as other stuff (through-hole caps, chips, etc). So I want to make sure everything is pictured properly and I can't make any mistakes ordering/putting the new ones in the right spots.

One of the traces you can see corroded underneath the soldermask. The rest /appears/ fine.
I gave it a good scrub already, but want to get better pictures before removing anything.

I hate trying to figure out surface mount part numbers too as I'm still really new to it and they don't seem labeled as directly as other stuff (through-hole caps, chips, etc). So I want to make sure everything is pictured properly and I can't make any mistakes ordering/putting the new ones in the right spots.
There is a cap list somewhere but it did not show up in my searches.
To make things complicated there is at least 3 variations of the motherboard. It's not yet known if the caps are the same across all the PCB's.
I know the video section changes for one of the PCB's.

Another trick is to go for the NA2's over the NA1's (if there's a choice) as they are a couple of years newer so less corrosion by default.

Another trick is to go for the NA2's over the NA1's (if there's a choice) as they are a couple of years newer so less corrosion by default.
Mine is actually is a NA2 board. It's a Quiz Island. Just got a bit unlucky, I suppose.

If anyone is searching for a motherboard I now have a spare to sell or trade, shoot me a pm. USA makes the most sense, int’l shipping would be more than the board! Caveat is you need to be on the list for the multi, or put yourself on it, and not use this as your backup ;)

The main list is updated, I got enough parts here to clear up to "page 1" and beyond.

Have any more arrived yet? I'm curious to know how everyone is getting along with them :)
My box arrived, but I've been to busy to even open it. Give me a few days to mess around with it!

If anyone is searching for a motherboard I now have a spare to sell or trade, shoot me a pm. USA makes the most sense, int’l shipping would be more than the board! Caveat is you need to be on the list for the multi, or put yourself on it, and not use this as your backup ;)
I would be interested in getting your board, if you decide to make international shipping

Surprised at the quantity and speed of interest on that... My spare motherboard is sold, thanks all. If I find another (this extra was from a lot sale) I’ll post here again.

Back