What's new
Surprised at the quantity and speed of interest on that... My spare motherboard is sold, thanks all. If I find another (this extra was from a lot sale) I’ll post here again.
Do you mind posting what you charged? I've got a spare I'm thinking of moving on (for exactly what I paid), but It think I may have overpaid. Just want to gauge what these are going for. Thanks.

My multi is due to arrive tomorrow. I pulled my Exvania Na-1 pcb out to get it ready and guess what. . took a shit- nothing but a blank screen. Most likely thanks to those fine caps Namco put on that board. Worked a couple months ago just fine X( I thought I recall reading someplace about some critical areas to look over on the pcb when these start leaking. A chip will cut power to everything else if affected, etc. or something along those lines. Anyone fill in the blanks for me on where I can start checking. For the most part, the pcb actually looks pretty good so this is a bummer. . .

My multi is due to arrive tomorrow. I pulled my Exvania Na-1 pcb out to get it ready and guess what. . took a shit- nothing but a blank screen. Most likely thanks to those fine caps Namco put on that board. Worked a couple months ago just fine X( I thought I recall reading someplace about some critical areas to look over on the pcb when these start leaking. A chip will cut power to everything else if affected, etc. or something along those lines. Anyone fill in the blanks for me on where I can start checking. For the most part, the pcb actually looks pretty good so this is a bummer. . .
there is a voltage check IC that disables the CPU if it goes bad and the caps tend to kill this too causing the game to not boot.

I've revived 3 dead NA PCBs replacing this voltage check IC (the little 3773 IC) and the near by cap C5
try replacing that cap first and see if that work, basically if the cap goes bad the 3773 will never see the correct voltage and the PCB wont boot. sometimes the cap will take out this chip with it.

try replacing that cap first and see if that work, basically if the cap goes bad the 3773 will never see the correct voltage and the PCB wont boot. sometimes the cap will take out this chip with it.
This is the 1st thing to try...
What's the status of the custom chips / leaky sound section area?

Got the video back by replacing the cap at C5. Now with video back, I am working on getting the audio back. Man those caps suck- every single one of them are leaking, and not the easiest to solder either. I have (3) caps left to replace and they will all be new. I am hoping once this is complete, the audio will be back. On the two volume dial knobs, one of them has some rusty color underneath. Can this be easily replaced, and is there a part # for this? Customs look good. Once all the caps are changed out, the only negative I see is the residue from the leaky caps left on all those mega tiny doo-dads scattered in between and around all the caps. I gave them all a good wipe down with IPA along with all the legs of the chips affected on the pcb.

There's not much you can do when they have started leaking.
Just keep cleaning and make sure the 2 customs are as clean as possible!

I have an NA1 PCB where the sound is present but there is a strong backward hum.
If anyone has any pointers to what I should look for that would be brilliant.

I have an NA1 PCB where the sound is present but there is a strong backward hum.
If anyone has any pointers to what I should look for that would be brilliant.
If you re-capped it already it may be this issue with the volume dial i see people with.

For the dial , i have NO IDEA on values, they are always in too poor condition underneath to check.
.... but the dial from a scrap system 11 / 12 works fine :D

I'm just waiting for my board to arrive (it's stuck in Japan since March). they recapped the board with Radial capacitor instead of SMD so withe the help of @AlxUnderBase I'll make a proper list with measurement for the recapping

Can anyone supply a real close-up pic of the section I have boxed in red? I have a trace from a chip that was suspect, but if I can get a good close up to see the tracks I can make sure I am good.
NA-1.png

If anybody has a spare NA PCB, I'd be totally in for this kit.
I know it's a long shot, but I'm putting that out there.
The more I see you dudes talking about this multikit, the more I want it.

Back