What's new

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Post up if you're interested in a Namco NA System Multi by @Hammy (PCB design by @caius Arcade Repairs & Engineering) and specify if you want a "Fully Assembled" multi or a "DIY kit" that you need to solder together yourself. Please be very clear about whether or not you'd like to buy one and which version of the multi you want.

&thumbnail=1.jpg
&thumbnail=1.jpg

Games supported:

Donor PCBs for this multi are the Namco NA-1 or NA-2 mainboard from any of the above games or from any of the following Japanese Quiz Games:
  • Bakuretsu Quiz Ma-Q Dai Bouken
  • Nettou! Gekitou! Quiztou!! / Quiz Island
  • X-Day 2

Final price assembled without ROMs is £100
You will need 12x 27c322 EPROMs and 1x 27c160 EPROM (or 13x 27c322 EPROMs)

Pricing for DIY kits, instructions, what's included and what else you will need to source will be posted here once those details have been finalized.

Assembly Instructions for DIY kits is here: http://web-nine.com/files/NA-2020_v2.5_assembly_instructions.pdf

The List
The list is complete
Now they will be made upon request, MAX 1 Per person.
1> notify you want one
2> allow 2-4 week build time (at the moment)
3> when it's done i'll get back to you
please contact @Hammy if you want one.

Last edited:
early list members are from here: Namco NA1 & NA2 CONVERSIONS

If you were brought over from the page please post up whether you'd like a DIY kit or a fully assembled kit

New "add me to the list" posts will only be tracked from this thread, so don't use the other thread for that anymore. Again please clearly state your interest and which version of the Multi you'd like

If I missed your name please let me know and provide a link to your post where you showed interest.
I think it's best to rename the old thread 'Conversions + Multi development' and start a new post with 2020 Help and support (when there's some out there to support)...
This will be for keeping track of who would like the pcb's.

The corresponding '2020 support' Post will all the info will be up soon with further tricks, info , technical etc of the multiboard.
For homebrew / hacking there's a good number of tricks it can do and some further software improvement to come yet ;)

The 2.5 will be the final PCB unless there's some new dump to add.

If anyone is missing from the list or needs to be removed contact twisted.

As the boards get made you will be contacted.
All multi boards will be tested by me after assembled but WILL NOT include Rom's.

Roms = 13x 27c322 Will need to be gotten and programmed separate.

The namco multi would not of been possible without the help of:

@caius For the original NA1 PLD dumps, Processing the board and more.
@twistedsymphony For testing and documentation from the start.
@ekorz For testing and help with other stuff.

Full for RTW, don't worry i will ask or already know the specifications most people require.
In the future it would be good if people can specify in advance.

I want to avoid selling it in parts , it's not like testing' days where there's unknowns but it's not a doddle and easy to screw up.

another note:

If you buy a ready made board and there's a problem i will exchange for another.

If you buy a kit and screw it up, your knackered.
It can be sent to me at standard repair time / rates.
There is a good manual by twisted that needs updating.
Not saying there's no help but if you buy it in parts you are responsible for the mistakes!

I'd like to buy one fully assembled - feel free to put me near the end of the list

Fully assembled and any way to get the ROMS on there pre-purchase? I don’t mind paying and waiting. I don’t have an easy way to program them or acquire them.

Fully assembled and any way to get the ROMS on there pre-purchase? I don’t mind paying and waiting. I don’t have an easy way to program them or acquire them.
If they can't, I can program them for you. Haven't got any on hand, but you're welcome to order some and send em my way and I will get you sorted :)

I'd love to program them in advance but it creates possible legal issues.
There's some people out there who hate multikits etc and would love an excuse to cause trouble.

I have a few mates who can do it or there's plenty of people on here with rom burners, there should be no trouble ;)

If they can't, I can program them for you. Haven't got any on hand, but you're welcome to order some and send em my way and I will get you sorted :)
Thanks, I may take you up on it! But still means I have to get them! Maybe if you buy yours I can send you cash to double your oder and also to cover shipping back to me and a beer for your troubles?
I'd love to program them in advance but it creates possible legal issues.
There's some people out there who hate multikits etc and would love an excuse to cause trouble.

I have a few mates who can do it or there's plenty of people on here with rom burners, there should be no trouble ;)
Understood... I always feel like there should be wiggle room for some A-P members though.. ;) but of course I understand! No reason to get sued during a COVID pandemic!

Please add me to the list. I'll take a fully assembled board.

Back