What's new
The more, the merrier as they say! As someone just getting into the arcade at home hobby, I can assure you you're at a great place. :)

Welcome! What part of Vancity are you from? (I’m originally from East Van)

Dammit! That’s not Vancouver!

It’s ok. A lot of people do that, say they’re from Vancouver but are from the suburbs. only people from that area would know. ;)

Greetings! I’m local too! I bring my supergun and arcade boards to VancouverStreetBattle every now and then. Not right now obviously due to the pandemic.

Is VSB shutting down though? I thought Kenny was moving on...

hey friendly! Sick find - how'd you score an atomiswave SD up here in canadaland? Candy's gettin rare as hell!

I pull strings in the local arcade scene here. Or I did, before the pandemic situation. Hit me up if you need anything. :)

Welcome fellow Vancoverite. Did you get the atomiswave from Darcy?

@opt2not I think VSB join forces with with another local group. I don't recall which.

@lupinko which pcb do you bring? I was thinking about doing that as I don't play all my pcb that often.

VSB moved into the Gaming Stadium next door. Kenny’s business is saved.

Anyway I bring Naomi, Atomiswave, and Saturn all the time to VSB and their events and barely anyone plays. Someone had the nerve to tell me to my face while I had MvC2 running on Naomi that he liked watching the Marvel 2 arcade attract demo as a kid, but he still didn’t want to play it even though it was right in front of him.

Before the pandemic I didn’t have a CPS2 A-Board, but I have one now. I also own a MVS but I haven’t bought an enclosure for it yet.

I’ve brought Marvel 2, HNK, Rumblefish 2, X-Men Vs SF, Marvel Superheroes Vs SF and Vampire Savior and they all barely get played. It’s like they’re allergic to retro. I have Undamned adapters and a HSS-0130 with Seimitsu buttons for my retro setups and they still don’t give it a chance.

Yeah the retro scene up here is a little weird. Could be that fact that property is so expensive and they find that mame is good enough or they played it on mame.

Good to see that you are around and a collector and not a flipper. Do you bring an upscaler or do they have a rgb setup.

I bring an OSSC, but I am planning on getting either a RAD2X or retrotink scart.They don’t have any rgb setups. Although they do have CRTs for Melee, so if I bring supergun and Saturn, Saturn is forced to play via composite on crt. But I am hoping to change that in the future as I already mentioned.

Yeah when i was living there I didn't really like going out to VSB because it was heavily SFV oriented. No one played the older games, and only non-SFV games played were anime fighters.

I live near the Santa Ana esport arena now, where WNF's are held. They have multiple set-ups of random games, some new and old. A lot more diverse FGC down here, compared to up in Van.

I do miss Vancouver a lot though, especially during the madness down here. And I'm not talking about Covid, the other madness going on in government. LOL

VSB moved into the Gaming Stadium next door. Kenny’s business is saved.

Anyway I bring Naomi, Atomiswave, and Saturn all the time to VSB and their events and barely anyone plays. Someone had the nerve to tell me to my face while I had MvC2 running on Naomi that he liked watching the Marvel 2 arcade attract demo as a kid, but he still didn’t want to play it even though it was right in front of him.

Before the pandemic I didn’t have a CPS2 A-Board, but I have one now. I also own a MVS but I haven’t bought an enclosure for it yet.

I’ve brought Marvel 2, HNK, Rumblefish 2, X-Men Vs SF, Marvel Superheroes Vs SF and Vampire Savior and they all barely get played. It’s like they’re allergic to retro. I have Undamned adapters and a HSS-0130 with Seimitsu buttons for my retro setups and they still don’t give it a chance.
>Allergic to retro

Buddy, I feel you hardcore. Trying to get a retro revival going once all this blows over. Maybe we can help eachother out.

Shameless plug. Capital City Arcade is good for retro (a buddy's business). I have a few of my games there. Can't really hold events down there because of by-law and occupancy limit.

Shameless plug. Capital City Arcade is good for retro (a buddy's business). I have a few of my games there. Can't really hold events down there because of by-law and occupancy limit.
I really want to check out Capital City Arcade when I get a chance, I saw Happy Console Gamer and Victor Lucas from Electronic Playground did a video there.

I think it's a great place, but I'm also bias because I get in for free :) the designer nachos are great tho

Back