What's new
I can't speak to the specific nature of this particular board- but IIRC you can buy a namco kick harness connector so you wouldn't have to solder anything direct to that board. (That's how I jumped out 3p/4p a long time ago).

ok
so before I start complaining there is no sound I will try to check sound from headphones pins
thanks

"Single" correct, as opposed to the "double"?

Last edited:
Yes, no excuse at that price!
Here's what a average one looks like, notice the conductor is brown / black from all the capacitor damage and the base has missing carbon.

Attachments

• IMAG0275[1].jpg
    IMAG0275[1].jpg
    586.5 KB · Views: 145
As soon as I recapped the volume increased a lot but the potentiometers are quite noisy when you move them and seeing your photo let me only hope to recive the new ones ASAP :D

Last edited:
I think that my working NA2 doesn't output any audio from the headphones pads, I've already ordered new potentiometers (thanks to @Hammy) and a couple of Mitshubishi M51568FP that from my research should be the headphones amplifier. Does anyone had a similar issue?

Can the issue be somewhere else (since all this parts come from china I prefer buying every possible part in advance rather than wait at least 20 days every time)? I've followed the traces from the connector to the amp (there are only some passive components) and I think that after the amp the traces are going directly to the sound chip or the other amp (?)

Obviously it's not a big issue since the mono audio from the jamma is working fine, so I'd prefer leave it as it is rather than risk of breaking something, but this 2 parts are quite simple to swap in my opinion :)

Audio section badly needs schematics doing.

I know from my debugging that the 2x 22uf caps are the "left and right" channels. If you have a scope or audio probe check around there.

Yes but it's a good reference point for the stereo outputs before the amp.

It's annoying the audio section on this board is so annoying all the games have great soundtracks :)

I want to share this little repair log since I was finally able to fix my headphones audio on my NA2.

First thing I swapped the potentiometers with the ones suggested by @Hammy and the old ones were very very rusted. Unfortunately with the new potentiometer the HP audio wasn't still back.

Next step I was panning was to replace the headphone amplifier. Since is very difficult to desolder components with some dirt while I was preparing the desoldering process I started to check every trace going to the amplifier and I found this:
PHOTO

After fixing it the HP audio was back to life but only on the right channel:
PHOTO

After a closer inspection I've found a disconnected resistor near the potentiometer:
PHOTO

Fixing the connection didn't help but when I measured the resistor I wasn't able to read any value.
After changing the resistor with a new one the left channel came back to life!!
PHOTO

And again as @Hammy suggested after recapping the board is highly suggested to change potentiometers as they hide a lot of rust
IMG_20201224_082541_544.jpg
IMG_20201224_082537_061.jpg

Last edited:
I want to share this little repair log since I was finally able to fix my headphone audio on my NA2.
Nice work there! Sad they are all in this condition. As said before, the full PCB needs schematics.

I have some more info too, Clock comes out of custom 214 into LS04 @ 1L and then to the CPU.
If clock is not going to the LS04 but going into the 214 ... it's RIP 214? :(
I think the 214 also controls the main reset line to the CPU also.

Back