What's new
If you ever need a new overlay, Games On Graphics did a nice job printing me up one. The quality is nice and it's just the right amount of thickness.

GoG-overlay.jpg
Thanks for the info. I knew i can get these printed locally, and the download the artwork file someone nicely made available. The artwork file is REALLY good. Not sure on the colours when printed, but someone did an amazing job on it. I just wanted to keep them all original hardware if I could without repop parts.

I did order a few panels from Alberto just so I can have spare panels already populated with alternative joystick setups and quickly swap them in and out.
For example when I change the red Exceleena back to normal sticks, it will be nice to have an already fully populated panel that I can swap in and out with the rotary sticks on there so i just have to unscrew the panel and not have to stuff around with all the wiring each time to swap.

I also wanted a single player panel for the blue cab because... well... I prefer to sit in the middle of the screen and i don't have any arcade friends local to play my machines anyways, so 2 player is not needed!

Awesome! Would you mind sharing the part numbers and/or direct links to the Aliexpress listings? Thank you! Looks great.

If you are talking about the fluoro starter, and just for future reference if anyone wants the info.

The fluoro starter for both of these cabs is the same. It's

Panasonic FG-1E 10-30W 100-240V

The ebay link that I got mine from is (be warned, 4 months shipping time)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-FG-1E-10-30W-100-240V-Lampenstarter-Fluorescent-Starter/292927887008?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Posting this pic here for future reference as well because that ebay link will die and in a few years this might help someone!

2020-09-08 13_18_42-Panasonic FG-1E 10-30W 100-240V Lampenstarter Fluorescent Starter _ eBay.jpg

I found these for sale around other websites, but they were expensive, like $30-$40 each. The chinese ebay links were definitely cheapest, just long time shipping!

FYI, same starter is used for NNC and NAC cabs.
Ordered mine also on ebay and they arrived in a few days (before Covid-19 that is).

just search for the type ‘FG-1E’ and there should be plenty available :)

Yes, thanks you Murray & Pascal! I have a bunch of these already for my NAC, so happy to hear I don't need to buy more. lol Also good info to have - will put this on the AO wiki.

This is a great thread.

I too have an Exceleena II here in Singapore and at some point will give mine an overhaul. Really useful stuff here, although I'm a little afraid to open up the bottom... ;)

re: your monitor issue on the blue cab.

Have you tried linking G to FG on the power supply? It's a stupid fix but it's worked in a lot of cases.

Hy.

Does anyone have the manual of the exceleena 2? Want to find out the pinout towards the speakers. Colours are purple and orange, purple/white and Orange/white. Want to feed stereo from a dedicated amp to the speakers. Thanks

I bought the manual recently, but it's stuck in Japan. I plan to scan it and add it to the AO wiki once I get it.

@Murray you are the best. Thank you very much!
By the way you have still the original speakers in? I think in mine somebody replaced them with aftermarket. Guess it’s written jvc on them. Visible through the cover.

@Murray you are the best. Thank you very much!
By the way you have still the original speakers in? I think in mine somebody replaced them with aftermarket. Guess it’s written jvc on them. Visible through the cover.
No problem!

I can't confirm 100% mine are original but i think they are. They don't sound very good! Pretty much everything else inside the cab was original, nothing replaced.

Some weird French Canadian guy did it for me. ;)

Here's one I just had made from Alberto. Haven't got it yet, but here's a side by side with the original.

I'm pretty sure he used the readily available artset that's out there and it's not entirely accurate with the half tone shading on the second from bottom line, but it's pretty damned good!

I can tell just by looking at it it's going to be a complete **** to get on straight! Good thing I got some control panels made up as well and he will be putting those on!

index.php

Here's one I just had made from Alberto. Haven't got it yet, but here's a side by side with the original.

I'm pretty sure he used the readily available artset that's out there and it's not entirely accurate with the half tone shading on the second from bottom line, but it's pretty damned good!

I can tell just by looking at it it's going to be a complete **** to get on straight! Good thing I got some control panels made up as well and he will be putting those on!

index.php
You mean Alberto will have some panels in stock soon?

Back