What's new
I wanted to post some pictures of the Exceelena Blue that I got redone. I originally bought the cab off ebay from Overcome Arcade and it came as a hot mess. Long story short, I got back 100% of my money (no thanks from Overcome Arcade) and I used that money to get the machine professionally painted and power coated. I hate the Namco wiring, plus my wiring was so wrecked that I decided to get the whole thing redone. A Sega NVS-4000 power supply was used so I can get stereo, mono and JVS power. I took the player control panel bracket and used that, since it makes the wiring look so much better. The cab is about 95% done. I am waiting for the wheels (by Hammer) and a few more earth grounds and the machine is done.
ExBlue-2.jpg
ExBlue-3.jpg
ExBlue-4.jpg
ExBlue-5.jpg
ExBlue-6.jpg
ExBlue-7.jpg
ExBlue-1.jpg

Attachments

• ExBlue-1.jpg
    ExBlue-1.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 165
The outside was professionally painted, that's why it looks so nice. It didn't look good when I first got it.

So thanks to @Battlesmurf who showed me this website: https://kital-tools.com/products/155n50bar01-6023
I was able to finish up my Exceelena Blue with brand new caster, which are the exact model that's on my original and in the manual. The wheels themselves are cheap, but shipping is like $30 via DHL to the USA. Took like 4 days. So if you need wheels like I did (mine were completely missing them), I suggest you get these.
wheels-1.jpg
wheels-2.jpg
wheels-3.jpg

Wow, that's amazing! Any idea if they're the same for the Exceleena 2?

How were you able to identify them?

According to the Exceelena 2 manual, they are indeed the same caster.
As for how I found them... doing Google searches and making the mistake of buying the 40mm size one first. :whistling:

Can confirm that they are indeed the same part - I was particuarly pleased with the translation of the parts list on pages 18 and 19 of the manual
https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Namco_Exceleena

A lot of the other part numbers from the manual are also still current (the flouro lights and starters, joysticks, locks and etc) are all still available to purchase new.

Great resource guys. Thanks for sharing all the great discoveries and info. I’ve got two of these on the way so am pleased to see there’s a small group here dedicated to getting the most from these cabinets. What are people running in theirs …mister, MAME, OG hardware?

I wanted to post some pictures of the Exceelena Blue that I got redone. I originally bought the cab off ebay from Overcome Arcade and it came as a hot mess. Long story short, I got back 100% of my money (no thanks from Overcome Arcade)
That guy is a true POS. Unfortunately I didn't act quickly enough to get a refund for the misrepresented cab I got.

That guy is a true POS. Unfortunately I didn't act quickly enough to get a refund for the misrepresented cab I got.

Sorry to hear that. I was actually denied by PayPal for a 50% refund. So I took it up with my credit card company and they had my back and gave me back 100% of my money. So I got lucky in the end. But yeah, he's definitely a POS and I would never deal with him and always warn people about him.

Great resource guys. Thanks for sharing all the great discoveries and info. I’ve got two of these on the way so am pleased to see there’s a small group here dedicated to getting the most from these cabinets. What are people running in theirs …mister, MAME, OG hardware?

I've been running legit hardware on my cabs. I haven't gotten into the mister or MAME stuff yet since I am lazy to put it together and configure it and all that.

You should try the JAMMA Expander. Super, super easy to setup and mostly works like a real PCB (there is even a switch to have it behave as such, disabling all the MiSTer menus).

Highly recommended.

Back