What's new

Pixel Krisis

Student
Reaction score
There are many threads on battery and corrosion but I want to use a battery with my mobos.

I have 2 PGM motherboards.
V12
V14

Both have a coin cell battery holder. What battery can I use to save operator settings?

What kind of battery is used on the PGM2 to save settings as well?

Bonus question.
Why would a PGM2 mobo ask me to power cycle every time I turn it on?

The V14 was built from factory to use a Coin cell. The REV 12 was NOT. It should have like a barrier diode added to make it totally safe.

You don't have to have a battery to play any of the games for the PGM system.

PGM2 could be a non matched cart and mobo pair???

PGM2 motherboards are interchangeable between games. They do not need to be matched and are not locked to any games. I have had multiple revisions and tested extensively between different games.

PGM2 motherboards are interchangeable between games. They do not need to be matched and are not locked to any games. I have had multiple revisions and tested extensively between different games.
But not between colors: right?

Colours bear no difference internally. I have used a maroon motherboard from OL2 with my blue DDPDOJT cart with no issues. It does look awfully mismatched but plays just fine.

I have also cracked open both motherboards and they’re they were exactly the same inside. In saying that I have seen three different motherboard revisions in total on PGM2.

Colours bear no difference internally.
Cool! I've not opened and compared them. No one sells games without motherboards, so they've all just stayed paired here.

Cool! I've not opened and compared them. No one sells games without motherboards, so they've all just stayed paired here.
The motherboards PCB’s are different colours too. One revision was green, another was orangey brown. The mobo hardware seemed to have gone under some changes, but when I compared them I lacked any real technical understanding so only knew that the mask colour differed and chips were altered.

I have moved them all on and am only left with my blue Tamashii set now, but maybe someone with a PGM2 collection can help further understand this hardware.

@djsheep I think a few folks on here have most if not every title.

I'm only missing KoF myself.

I kinda miss my OL2 actually, I might eventually get it again. It was just such a long game that took hours to play through!

Does anyone have a PGM3 setup? Was always interested to see more of that. It’s a pity just one game came out for it.

I kinda miss my OL2 actually, I might eventually get it again. It was just such a long game that took hours to play through!

Does anyone have a PGM3 setup? Was always interested to see more of that. It’s a pity just one game came out for it.
OL2 is so good though!

PGM3 is so weird. I'd like one but I have no idea what cab I'd be able to play it in, plus I already have the game on PGM2 so it's hard to justify..

Yeah. I now realise how good a game OL2 is. I recently played OL Super Special and instantly regretted getting rid of OL2. It doesn’t even begin to compare.

While we’re talking PGM, isn’t it crazy how fluid the sprites in Martial Masters look? That’s what OL2 instantly reminded me of.

Back