What's new

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Figured this was the best section to ask in. For those of you with all-in-one Japanese superguns: which is better and why?!

I have the Sigma Raijin with the green/pink buttons and I love it. I chose it over the others strictly for the form factor. I found the Pana Twin to have less palm/rest area for long sessions. It’s handled everything I’ve thrown at it from Taito/Konami boards to Toaplan and Cave stuff.

How do the Blast City Board masters compare?

The Boardmaster is built really well and uses good parts. It’s only downfall is the quality of the RGB output from it. There’s information on how to fix that issue here courtesy of @Nimmers: Boardmaster Supergun thread

The Boardmaster is built really well and uses good parts. It’s only downfall is the quality of the RGB output from it. There’s information on how to fix that issue here courtesy of @Nimmers: Boardmaster Supergun thread
Yeah lol, the boardmaster RGB is bad because it is literally the untouched RGB from the jamma edge. You need to install an RGB amp to fix it.

Last edited:
An amp or just 500ohms pots set at 160ohms.

would one of the PCE amps work?

Whats the average shipping costs to the states for these heavy JP superguns, like $200?

Whats the average shipping costs to the states for these heavy JP superguns, like $200?
I paid $120 in shipping via DHL for my Pana Twin Long from Zenmarket in March of last year (a week before COVID)

Figured this was the best section to ask in. For those of you with all-in-one Japanese superguns: which is better and why?!
I played around with the Sigma Raijin for about an hour a few weeks back at MAK. I personally don’t care for the way it looks, but the quality in the AV department as great as were the controls. I can’t think of any reason you’d regret it if you were looking into a dedicated supergun to play versus fighting games with. If it wasn’t for the fact that I have a MK30 ADCAP and a serious addiction to building sticks I’d get one myself.

By the way @rewrite . If you REALLY want one of these and can wait until I'm on a break from school in May, I might be able to help you out. Shipping is going to be crazy expensive though because Japan Post is not an option right now.

I bought a Raijin back in 2003 and have been using it ever since. The AV out is pretty normal, but RGB quality is absolutely fantastic. Build quality is great too, but it now has some scuffs on the metalic surface from use...plastic is probably more resistent to small scuffs caused by rings, for example.

Rapid-fire options are great and pretty customizable to avoid provoking glitches. Since I don't own a candy cab (wish I did!) I use it frequently for fighters, since I'm not used to play those on my stand up cab. The button setup and quality is just great.

About how it compares with the Pana, I'm not sure since I bought it long ago. I remember considering that one and the Vega (which had an amazing SF2 look), but IIRC I ended up picking this one not because of its aesthetics, but because of reasonable size and build quality. It was also slightly more cheaper than the other Sigma solutions (can't remember the name, but it had controllers detached).

Long story short, still working great after the years (with lots of hours of play) and never had a technical problem.

is your unit Silver or White? Speaking to the staff at BEEP! once they said there were build differences between the older and newer models.

is your unit Silver or White? Speaking to the staff at BEEP! once they said there were build differences between the older and newer models.
It has a silver slightly goldish color, here's a picture of the unit:
IMG_20210205_110110.jpg

I think those might have Sanwas instead of Seimitsus.

Anyone with a Raijin scart cable, do you need to add a resistor to the sync line if connecting to an ossc or retrotink 5x? Ty

Anyone with a Raijin scart cable, do you need to add a resistor to the sync line if connecting to an ossc or retrotink 5x? Ty
Hi
no need to add a resistor if you want connect to an ossc

Attachments

• 7EF93734-8B41-464E-BC60-9A6D858F1CB6.jpeg
    7EF93734-8B41-464E-BC60-9A6D858F1CB6.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Back