What's new

bubblun

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello all,

I figured I'd sign up for an account as I suddenly have more time to mess around with my arcade stuff with reduced work travel. I live in the St. Louis, Missouri area and my home arcade consists of:
Sega New Astro City (set up vertical)
Sega Astro City (set up horizontal)
Galaga '88 dedicated
Mappy cocktail dedicated
about 30 or so JAMMA boards

I also make YouTube videos under the same screen name and featured my home arcade here:

We have some pretty knowledgeable arcade people here in STL and I'm sure some of my locals already post here.

Hope to get to know you all better and I'll probably be most active in the For Sale forums lol.

Welcome dude! Yes we have a lot of STL guys here, I'm marked as that but, actually 30 min East.

Once this COVID deal has passed I hope to meet up with everyone!

You're on the right forum, this is the friendliest, and most knowledgeable place to be!

Welcome dude! Yes we have a lot of STL guys here, I'm marked as that but, actually 30 min East.

Once this COVID deal has passed I hope to meet up with everyone!

You're on the right forum, this is the friendliest, and most knowledgeable place to be!
Very cool - I'm about 30 minutes south of downtown on the Missouri side. I miss the old Super Auctions stops on the Illinois side!

Yay - more STL representation! Welcome!

Definitely need an "Arcade-Projects" night over at Two Plumbers once this is all said and done. I picked up some beer and merch curbside from them this weekend - spotted some neat looking changes (or at least stuff new to me) in the windows.

Definitely need an "Arcade-Projects" night over at Two Plumbers once this is all said and done. I picked up some beer and merch curbside from them this weekend - spotted some neat looking changes (or at least stuff new to me) in the windows.
Two Plumbers probably is the only place you can play EXA Arcadia games in a 500 mile radius - will be great when they can fully reopen.

Yo I'm in dogtown. I got too much shit in my basement too now lol

Sans Covid I would be in Tower Grove park racing skateboards. That or passed out from a Bogarts coma.

Welcome aboard.

Two Plumbers probably is the only place you can play EXA Arcadia games in a 500 mile radius - will be great when they can fully reopen.
Wow, this is news to me, as I'm new in the area. I can't wait to check it out, new arcade games in an arcade? Yes please!

Wow, this is news to me, as I'm new in the area. I can't wait to check it out, new arcade games in an arcade? Yes please!

The owners have to be enthusiasts, not just "bar owners with arcade games". They've got a couple candies, looks like a couple new Viewlix as well (dunno what's in them yet, that's just what I saw from the window). They cycle out games frequently - they've got some hand-built cabs immediately inside the door with plexiglass fronts to show that they're running real arcade hardware (though those cabs have LCDs, I'll give em a pass). Super solid pinball lineup. Great beer, if you're into that sort of thing. They've got lots of pics on their site and Facebook - definitely give them a look.

There's also UpDown in Central West End - it's a small chain. Good game line up but gets absolutely SLAM PACKED on weekends. I prefer Two Plumbers because it's smaller, but UpDown has a DDR machine so....

Sans Covid I would be in Tower Grove park racing skateboards. That or passed out from a Bogarts coma.

Welcome aboard.
Thanks for the welcome and for reminding me Bogarts is one of the few STL BBQ spots I haven't tried. The shame.

The vertical Vewlix has Aka to Blue and Akyrios. Horizontal has Infinos. Probably going to pick up Gimmick and Chaos Code (have the 2p panels at home just waiting) whenever things reopen. I'm not the owner but have a few machines in there, and those are my Vewlix cabinets. Got my eye on Vritra and SDOJ later this year. Can't be all shooters though. Obviously I'm friends with the owners, and have been running their pinball league this year.

Also been friends with bubblun for decades at this point.

Oh, awesome! I didn’t realize the machines were from multiple sources, that’s pretty cool.

EDIT: I hadn't heard of either of those games until your post. Definitely looking forward to giving them a try when things open back up.

Last edited:
The vertical Vewlix has Aka to Blue and Akyrios. Horizontal has Infinos. Probably going to pick up Gimmick and Chaos Code (have the 2p panels at home just waiting) whenever things reopen. I'm not the owner but have a few machines in there, and those are my Vewlix cabinets. Got my eye on Vritra and SDOJ later this year. Can't be all shooters though. Obviously I'm friends with the owners, and have been running their pinball league this year.

Also been friends with bubblun for decades at this point.
That's awesome. You know the guy @Hatsune Mike is the one who is working on/doing Gimmick...

That being said, so you make money back on those games? I'd love a way to take the sting out of buying a several $$$$ game, so if your buddy has room for some more cabs, I have like 20 at my house... :P

My friend has a bunch of other cabinets in other locations, so he's not really looking for anything else at the moment.

My friend has a bunch of other cabinets in other locations, so he's not really looking for anything else at the moment.
Damn, I thought I had just come up with a plan that would pass the sniff test to convince my wife I needed to buy 20 more cabs, you know, to "make money" for our retirement!

:P

I'm looking forward to checking it out when everything opens back up!

I'mma make this an STL thread...

Any of you guys have a GD-Rom setup I could test some stuff on? Anyone got a Chihiro? I got a broken Chihiro and I wanna test the game and GD-Rom

I'mma make this an STL thread...

Any of you guys have a GD-Rom setup I could test some stuff on? Anyone got a Chihiro? I got a broken Chihiro and I wanna test the game and GD-Rom
I've got an untested GD ROM drive and a SCSI cable I found at the Goodwill Outlet on Market - I'll dig em out and test this weekend and let you know if it's working. Both drive and cable are a bit sketch, we'll see...

How da fuck you be finding gd ROMs at good will. I never get that lucky...

oh no - I found the SCSI2 cable at Goodwill. Those seem to cost half the price of an untested GD ROM on ebay. I impulse bought an untested GD ROM on ebay right after I got my NAOMI, before I learned about the whole "a netdimm and a Pi get you everything" set up.

I've bought a couple pachislo machines at the Outlet, but nothing else arcade related.

Back