What's new
How da fuck you be finding gd ROMs at good will. I never get that lucky...
LOL, I read that the same way you did. I've only been to the Outlet on Market once and was completely repulsed by finding a dirty diaper in one of the bins. I love a bargain but not that much....at least until GD ROMs start appearing :D

Heh, yeah, I didn't type that too clearly....

Oh man. I've been going since they opened (damn, nearly a decade now) and have found tooooons of good stuff, mostly vintage computer and console stuff. Of course, for every "good" day you go through a month of shitty days. I wear gloves, always. After a couple good finds you get used to the smell. I've found hidden pills (I
gave them to employees), bottles of acid, live rats.... but, up until COVID, I was there at least once a week. Selling console and random PC finds has paid for a large chunk of my arcade purchases. All of the stuff at the Outlet was destined for a landfill if not purchased, so I don't feel bad being a reseller from Outlet finds.

I also used to dumpster dive when I went to SIUE, so hanging out at the Outlet seemed like a classy step up!

So what cabinets do you guys own? Just curious what any locals I've never met have.

Here's my set up from the "Show us your mancave" thread: https://www.arcade-projects.com/for...ow-your-arcade-room-mancave.10355/post-196322

I've got a Gottlieb Genesis pinball machine, generic JAMMA cab that usually has Soul Calibur 2, right now I'm building a Sega gun setup in, a Galaga, a Double Dragon with a Neo Geo board in it, a Donkey Kong, a real nice Dig Dug, a Q*bert cab that I'm using as an "old" vertical JAMMA set up, and an old Midway cocktail with a multigame.

My "main" pride and joy is the Jaleco Pony IV candy cab - it's in vertical mode for more modern JAMMA shmups. Unfortunately, as Pony cabs do, it's crumbling. So I can't mess with it too much.

I've got 3 Astro City's. 1 MVS U4-25, 1 Super Neo Candy, a couple US cabinets, and the 2 Vewlix Diamond Black's. Decent amount of boards too.

Sounds like a solid line up. I'll be on the hunt for a some flavor of replacement candy later this summer - this Pony is crumbling so bad I will be shocked if the plastics make it through the year. Monitor on it is beautiful, though, so it's basically a nice screen in a corpse. I'd like to find a more common cab that parts are actually available for.

I've been building up my board collection a bit too, nothing super rare or notable though. Xtrasmiley is after my Ninja Clowns, but he seems to be after everything under the sun so... :P

Did you get your Pony locally? I probably know what cabinet buy those originated from. I've heard they're getting brittle.

Ninja Clowns isn't super common, also don't know if its any good. I've got some fairly obscure stuff I'd say. Been collecting for almost 20 years now.

There is a guy selling Astro's on here for 1k, with 500 shipping to STL. You guys want to buy a few and split shipping?

Did you get your Pony locally? I probably know what cabinet buy those originated from. I've heard they're getting brittle.

Ninja Clowns isn't super common, also don't know if its any good. I've got some fairly obscure stuff I'd say. Been collecting for almost 20 years now.
Got it from a dude out in West County who said he had had it for several years. I wanna say around a decade, even. His brother has one too. Based on what's left of the Ponys at TwoPlumbers, I imagine it's an issue with all of them. I actually broke the whole panel off of mine about an hour ago trying to close it after getting stick specs for replacements. Luckily I can just set it on there and no one can tell :(

There is a guy selling Astro's on here for 1k, with 500 shipping to STL. You guys want to buy a few and split shipping?
KC? Nah - I wanna see what I'm buying long before I'm buying it. I burned myself on this crumbling Pony, I'll be a little gun shy spending real money on a cab for a bit lol

KC? Nah - I wanna see what I'm buying long before I'm buying it. I burned myself on this crumbling Pony, I'll be a little gun shy spending real money on a cab for a bit lol
I don't think this is KC, I'm not sure though, I've never bought a cab in a group buy.

GS Containers: Synchronica, Pop'n, Vewlix, Lindbergh, tricoro IIDX, jubeat, Nostalgia, Pokken, MUSECA, etc.

As for Ninja Clowns, man I sill kick myself for missing the full kit in box NC on eBay a few months ago for like $200 or something. It was for sale for like 8 hrs too, I just saw it shortly after I woke up, to the sold listing... bah!

Oh, yeah, I've seen his threads. I'd be way more comfortable buying something from him sight-unseen, but still more than I wanna spend at the moment.

I got mine in a converted Ms Pac cabinet like ten years ago. Had no idea what it was at the time, just wanted it for the cabinet!

That's Kenchan, not KC. I'm full on room for the time being. He's reputable though. That's who I got all my Taito stools and Vewlix cabinets from.

@Thrillhouse those probably came from when we used to do cabinet orders thru the old Game Trader store in St. Charles. Those all came from Arcade Infinity in LA. Those were arranged by the Exa Arcadia CEO when he still lived in St. Louis. I forget what they were back then, maybe $300 or $350 a cabinet. I know my first Astro City was $415 shipped back then.

Oh yeah - He had mentioned buying boards from Game Trader too. Very cool to have a little more back story.

This didn't happen to be a guy named Brent did it? I also bought a lot of boards from Game Trader. The guy who ran the airport arcade came in there one day and was looking for an RF adapter for his nephew's PS2 and was like oh do you take boards in on trade? Turns out he had a basement full of them because whoever ran the arcade just had him pull whatever wasn't earning and didn't care what happened to it.

Nope - different guy. That’s nuts, though - from what I heard from my guy, a lot of good stuff went through there.

Yep, a ton did. I got Batrider from there for $105 back in the day. Dangun was $80 or so. I got a Mystic Warriors for $60. This was all 2001/2002 though. So completely different world price wise. I bought Esprade and Guwange for $130 and $140 and was making $7.25 an hour in college at the time. You'd have thought I bought a Ferrari or something, lol. First board I ever bought up there was Double Dragon for $25. A lot of it came from the dude Wally who ran the airport. Then Shou would arrange group buys from Japan via a hookup in the Navy.

Best part of shopping at Game Trader for PCBs was the handwritten price list you had to request being passed down like a tome with prices such as:

Galaga '88 ****$$$$EXPENSIVE$$$*** (indicating he didn't really want to sell lol)

I definitely remember getting my Shadow Dancer there with marquee for a mere $60 so it was a great time to buy. I also got really weird stuff like Oh My GOD! by Atlus there so he had some great variety.

Back