Reporting Twitter Fake Account

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Reporting Twitter Fake Account

Hello People

There is a fake twitter account and we know who opened it .That is damaging the image of this community.
      I think if we Report That Account maybe we can make our voice heard by twitter.

But we need so many people report it. Doesnt work for a couple of people. all members must be united and complain.

It is really simple;
      if you have already twitter account you will follow these:

twitter.com/arcade_projects

1- Report Arcade_projects

2- Write an explanation and choose one of the sections. My English is not good enough for it. But if someone make a text for us we can write on it .

Come people lets make it together.
      I hope forum admins are ok with this idea :rolleyes:
      Welcome to My Discord Server: discord.gg/VjA7sk6
      Talk about all arcade staff.... ;)
    • Wow, I had to check it out. Very sad account. Why is this person so angry with A-P? Did something happen to him?

I want to support your idea @hursit, but unfortunately, unless he threatens someone, he hasn't broken any rules and Twitter will likely not ban him.

Maybe if @Darksoft has trademarked his logo, we could force him to remove that, but not really worth it IMO.

For trolls it's best to ignore.
    • I DM'd him while ago and we went back and forth a bit. He just wants to troll, so there's really no convincing him otherwise.
      -ud

Cab: Namco Exceleena 1
      Darksoft Multi: CPS2/3, F3, ST-V, NEO
      Scan Converter: Micomsoft XRGB2+, Silicon Optix ImageAnyplace
      Monitor: Amiga 1080, BenQ RL2460, Pioneer KRP-500M
    • undamned wrote:

I DM'd him while ago and we went back and forth a bit. He just wants to troll, so there's really no convincing him otherwise.
      -ud
      He is a very mature man and i know he has a kid. That means he is really too old to become a Troll :evil: Shame on him
      Welcome to My Discord Server: discord.gg/VjA7sk6
      Talk about all arcade staff.... ;)
    • undamned wrote:

I DM'd him while ago and we went back and forth a bit. He just wants to troll, so there's really no convincing him otherwise.
      -ud
      Well, I took a look at the tweets and tell him if he want's to troll, to work on the humor. I don't mind troll accounts, but they need to be funny man! Like, check this one out:

twitter.com/DevinCow?ref_src=t…mp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

That's how you troll! Dipshit Nunes is even trying to sue this guy!
    • Its sad that the only thing that weak people can do is turn to cyber bullying and online attacks. The main thing I love about this group is that it ISNT like that other group that prefers drama and badmouthing over discussion about game hardware, tips, and upcoming inventions.

Hopefully it doesn't go the route of the group. (I don't think I have to mention the name, most people know it already)
    • From time to time I check in on this "troll" account and it brings a smile to my face. People like this feel they're "winning", but in reality the countless hours and energy wasted to make hundreds of posts spanning the past year talking to the open void of the internet is certainly losing.

I disagree with the statement this twitter account hurts the image of this community. The forum has been growing more than ever before in a world where most forums are dying. I've been on the internet long enough to understand gaining haters isnt a negative, but just a sign that you're making big strides and moving up. Our lives keep moving on, new projects are happening, people enjoy what we've created here. :D
    • Horris wrote:

I’ve never used twitter but this came up when I was googling for something the other day, so I created an account and following it, I now take it it’s not genuine then? Is there a genuine one I should be following?
      There isn’t an official Twitter for arcade projects. Individual members have twitter handles that they put in their profiles though, as well as some moderators. But as a forum, I’m curious what you would want/expect it to tweet about. Not to diminish them, but if you’re just looking to follow @Darksoft’s projects you’re missing a whole lot of stuff from a whole lot of talented people here ;)

maybe someone should start another unofficial one and just tweet some highlights of what’s going on here from time to time. It would take some curation effort but there’s no lack of exciting content. That way it would show up in searches and such for people who prefer to get alerted that way. The only reason that other account has any audience is the confusion on the part of its followers.
      cabs: sega blast city x2 | taito vewlix c + egret ii
      links: klov/vaps games list | custom fight sticks
      working on: organizing stuff

The post was edited 1 time, last by ekorz ().

• I left because Finisterre came here with good intentions and more hacking skills than 99% of us, myself included.

He got shit on left and right for publishing good data here, regardless of generation of hardware or sega support.

Sega doesn't give a shit what we post here unless its roms. Code written from scratch is perfectly legal under Right to Repair.

With no disrespect to Darksoft or any individual here, finisterre could have been a great asset to this forum. Trolling or not he's done a shitload of work on things that will benefit us all.

Peace.
      -Skate

The post was edited 1 time, last by skate323k137 ().

• skate323k137 wrote:

this is the last post I'll ever make here.

I left because Finisterre came here with good intentions and more hacking skills than 99% of us, myself included.

He got shit on left and right for publishing good data here, regardless of generation of hardware or sega support.

Sega doesn't give a shit what we post here unless its roms. Code written from scratch is perfectly legal under Right to Repair.

With no disrespect to Darksoft or any individual here, finisterre could have been a great asset to this forum. Trolling or not he's done a shitload of work on things that will benefit us all.

Peace.
      -Skate
      I don't know the story at all, but I would say, don't leave yourself. I guess if you feel he's been treated unfairly, that can be a sore spot, but have you been?

The only story we truly know is our own. If you have been treated fairly and you enjoy it here, stick around, we'd love to have you!
    • I would honestly love to stay / come back. Aside from one bad deal with an impatient member that I won't go in to, I had years of great times contributing to this forum. BTW regarding that deal, if you're reading this, my bad too. I was in the middle of moving and I'm sorry about the issues.

Not to toot my own horn, but I've been around for a second. I donated more than once to the Atomiswave to naomi project. I bought a first run STV multi I still love. I made over 1000 posts here, traded with and fixed items for more members than I can remember.

When Finisterre showed up his posts were verbose and not everyone liked that. He took a lot of crap before he started trolling. I'm not excusing trolling but something had to flip his script, when he came here genuinely curious and willing to help, with his YEARS of IT security experience.

I would come back if free and legal discussion of reverse engineering was allowed. EVERYTHING we deal with here is copyrighted. That makes it tough to draw a line, I get that. I understand the official stance of "sega still supports it," but I don't buy it. Right to repair exists, and if sega cared, you would have gotten cease and desists and DMCA notices. If you have, then just let us know so we can better understand the rules. I'd even be willing to explain your legal rights, because in reality if you are getting DMCA's, then you should know that as forum admins you aren't liable for member posted content as long as you take it down when notified by the copyright owner. Worst case is the "repeat infringer" clause where if someone posts roms here a bunch you technically have to ban them after a few DMCAs. Your liability is squat though.

I spent over 5 years running an abuse desk for a web hosting company. I have seen nearly every type of internet legal dispute you can imagine: defamation, copyright, trademark, the whole 9 yards. This site doesn't have shit to worry about in my professional opinion. First of all, like I said before, sega doesn't care. They themselves have argued in court many years ago that an amount of reverse engineering is to be EXPECTED in the arcade industry. See law.justia.com/cases/federal/d…ts/FSupp/869/783/1495595/ where the court even basically admitted sega reverse engineered things, yet ruled in sega's favor.

My interests have mostly moved past jamma and early JVS. I'm not asking for rom dumps, I'm asking for free and open discussion of hacking and repair efforts (or at least repair logs/efforts) of current or recent generation hardware, for whatever reason (not just the b00ts). I don't think that's too much to ask, but it's not my forum to run.

But with that said I wish nobody any harm and lord knows I don't want legal action taken against the site. DS, if you do have true legal concerns with Sega just let me know man, but I've never seen them go after a forum. You gotta be bootlegging beatsaber cabinets or something for that kind of action. Most of the immediate injunctions I've ever seen were for high dollar bootleg purses. Definitely not our cup of tea here.

The post was edited 11 times, last by skate323k137 ().

• brizzo wrote:

From time to time I check in on this "troll" account and it brings a smile to my face. People like this feel they're "winning", but in reality the countless hours and energy wasted to make hundreds of posts spanning the past year talking to the open void of the internet is certainly losing.

I disagree with the statement this twitter account hurts the image of this community. The forum has been growing more than ever before in a world where most forums are dying. I've been on the internet long enough to understand gaining haters isnt a negative, but just a sign that you're making big strides and moving up. Our lives keep moving on, new projects are happening, people enjoy what we've created here. :D
      Hate is the lowest form of love :)