Reporting Twitter Fake Account

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• skate323k137 wrote:

I left because Finisterre came here with good intentions and more hacking skills than 99% of us, myself included.

He got shit on left and right for publishing good data here, regardless of generation of hardware or sega support.

Sega doesn't give a shit what we post here unless its roms. Code written from scratch is perfectly legal under Right to Repair.

With no disrespect to Darksoft or any individual here, finisterre could have been a great asset to this forum. Trolling or not he's done a shitload of work on things that will benefit us all.

Peace.
      -Skate
      So you have a seemingly intelligent person with tons of skills wasting his time and energy trolling a site that he felt slighted by in the past. Seems like a charming, mature individual.
    • ITATTRACTS wrote:

skate323k137 wrote:

I left because Finisterre came here with good intentions and more hacking skills than 99% of us, myself included.

He got shit on left and right for publishing good data here, regardless of generation of hardware or sega support.

Sega doesn't give a shit what we post here unless its roms. Code written from scratch is perfectly legal under Right to Repair.

With no disrespect to Darksoft or any individual here, finisterre could have been a great asset to this forum. Trolling or not he's done a shitload of work on things that will benefit us all.

Peace.
      -Skate
      So you have a seemingly intelligent person with tons of skills wasting his time and energy trolling a site that he felt slighted by in the past. Seems like a charming, mature individual.
      What we -had- was a no drama forum. Until he began being treated unfairly, in my personal opinion. People didn't understand why he would post reverse engineering data about systems that we already had hacked. Personally I found the research very educational in the beginning.

After that; not excusing anything, or any behaviors taken by him. The rest is my own feelings entirely.

The post was edited 1 time, last by skate323k137 ().

• skate323k137 wrote:

But with that said I wish nobody any harm and lord knows I don't want legal action taken against the site. DS, if you do have true legal concerns with Sega just let me know man, but I've never seen them go after a forum. You gotta be bootlegging beatsaber cabinets or something for that kind of action. Most of the immediate injunctions I've ever seen were for high dollar bootleg purses. Definitely not our cup of tea here.

Out of curiosity, what constitutes high dollar in these sorts of situations?
      On the hunt for: Dinoking, Mushiking, Love & Berry, Egret 29, and an SNK SC-25.

Shameless plug: Rewrite's Recaps - Your monitor and PSU recapping service center
    • rewrite wrote:

skate323k137 wrote:

But with that said I wish nobody any harm and lord knows I don't want legal action taken against the site. DS, if you do have true legal concerns with Sega just let me know man, but I've never seen them go after a forum. You gotta be bootlegging beatsaber cabinets or something for that kind of action. Most of the immediate injunctions I've ever seen were for high dollar bootleg purses. Definitely not our cup of tea here.
      Out of curiosity, what constitutes high dollar in these sorts of situations?
      Retail on the real purses is in the thousands, bootleggers of course sell them much cheaper. You've gotta be a special type of dumb to sell that stuff directly on the internet. Coach (TEE EM) is very aggressive, they have seized assets in good faith prior to a case even being heard (preliminary injunction) if they nail you doing a scam like that.

And guys, twitter drama aside, I will probably come back as long as I feel up to it. I bought a house a little over a year ago, so forum time hasn't been plentiful.

I just hope we can talk more freely about triforce, chihiro, lindbergh and hopefully ringedge a bit, responsibly. I know we have subforums for some of those so that makes me happy.
    • It is his claim that this entire feud stems from the fact he published information on how to create bootlegs others were selling for profit. Unless a moderator on here cares to clarify their side of the story of what happened so that we may conduct some critical thinking this is what we have to go off of.

All drama and bs aside he is crossing all of his t's and dotting all of his i's as he releases this information so that we may all enjoy these games sometime in the future.

library.osu.edu/site/copyright…201-exemptions-announced/

"Preservation of video games and computer software: One expanded exemption permits circumvention of lawfully acquired video games when access to an external server is no longer provided, to restore access for personal, local gameplay, or to allow preservation of the game in a playable form by eligible libraries, archives, or museums."

which coincidences with a waiver published by archive.org

archive.org/about/dmca.php

This is all stuff he has referenced elsewhere. I won't directly link it because I don't want to upset anybody or break any forum rules.

It is my assertion that if we are purchasing up the hardware and software on the used market we have every right to play this software. As long as we use our own legally obtained images of the games it shouldn't be some great secret on how these machines operate. The download only P-ras titles are a bit more of a grey area but the older games should be pretty cut and dry. If you buy the machine and physical software license (keychip) you are entitled to make a backup encase something breaks.

Can't we cut him some slack? Was his sin really that great? I don't really agree he should be using the forums imagery and its creator might have a valid copyright claim on that but otherwise he has every right to his silly little parody account. Hes porking us because he thinks we are acting unreasonable, he has made that quiet clear and by creating threads like this that prove how "triggered" we are hes kind of right in a sense.

Can't we all just bury the hatchet and have a nice community without drama? He is obviously a very skilled and talented person what is gained by making somebody like that our enemy?
    • portholio wrote:

It is his claim that this entire feud stems from the fact he published information on how to create bootlegs others were selling for profit. Unless a moderator on here cares to clarify their side of the story of what happened so that we may conduct some critical thinking this is what we have to go off of.

All drama and bs aside he is crossing all of his t's and dotting all of his i's as he releases this information so that we may all enjoy these games sometime in the future.

library.osu.edu/site/copyright…201-exemptions-announced/

"Preservation of video games and computer software: One expanded exemption permits circumvention of lawfully acquired video games when access to an external server is no longer provided, to restore access for personal, local gameplay, or to allow preservation of the game in a playable form by eligible libraries, archives, or museums."

which coincidences with a waiver published by archive.org

archive.org/about/dmca.php

This is all stuff he has referenced elsewhere. I won't directly link it because I don't want to upset anybody or break any forum rules.

It is my assertion that if we are purchasing up the hardware and software on the used market we have every right to play this software. As long as we use our own legally obtained images of the games it shouldn't be some great secret on how these machines operate. The download only P-ras titles are a bit more of a grey area but the older games should be pretty cut and dry. If you buy the machine and physical software license (keychip) you are entitled to make a backup encase something breaks.

Can't we cut him some slack? Was his sin really that great? I don't really agree he should be using the forums imagery and its creator might have a valid copyright claim on that but otherwise he has every right to his silly little parody account. Hes porking us because he thinks we are acting unreasonable, he has made that quiet clear and by creating threads like this that prove how "triggered" we are hes kind of right in a sense.

Can't we all just bury the hatchet and have a nice community without drama? He is obviously a very skilled and talented person what is gained by making somebody like that our enemy?
      But, he's a guest on someone's site here. If he bounced because he has his panties in a wad, how is it on @Darksoft to fix? The guys who run this site are always super cool, hospitable. They have a certain set of boundaries that they ask us to adhere to. I don't know what happened but if one of them told me not to post something, REGARDLESS of whether I agree with it or not, I'd respect the fact that I am in THEIR house....If I go leave and start a mock site in an attempt to clown them, is it on them to make peace? The stuff he has on that Twitter is disgusting.
    • portholio wrote:

It is his claim that this entire feud stems from the fact he published information on how to create bootlegs others were selling for profit. Unless a moderator on here cares to clarify their side of the story of what happened so that we may conduct some critical thinking this is what we have to go off of.
      Wasn't the x2 multi released for the same reason? What makes this so different? Was it the person selling the bootlegs this time that made a difference? Is it ok to sell them here in PMs only but not ok to share info about them?
      Kinda wish i knew the whole story now. Maybe that is redacted and not ok to talk about too ?(
    • because having a lawsuit isn't fun. Nintendo has sued for less so its possible for other companies to do the same

ThisGuy wrote:

portholio wrote:

Wasn't the x2 multi released for the same reason? What makes this so different? Was it the person selling the bootlegs this time that made a difference? Is it ok to sell them here in PMs only but not ok to share info about them?Kinda wish i knew the whole story now. Maybe that is redacted and not ok to talk about too ?(
    • ITATTRACTS wrote:

skate323k137 wrote:

Peace.
      -Skate
      @ITATTRACTS you might be new to the scene, but I can tell you after 20 years that gamers, and the next step, retro gamers, are a particular bunch. The ones that are even smarter, all a little bit odd as well. Like on the spectrum a little bit. I mean, we all must be because there is just collecting childhood stuff (retro games) to the point where you go on forums to discuss them and start building projects to them.

As a cabinet collector, I can tell you, 100% we (yes, myself included) are a bit odd. With more genius we tend to be even odder. It just makes sense to me that this guy is brilliant in one avenue, but sort of trollish, or childish in another.

I'm just thankful that @Darksoft, @brizzo, and @Apocalypse aren't letting their weirdness seep into A-P. Yes, I know at least one of them has a monkey at home and one is a full on Broni. I'm not telling who's who though. (how do I know? I saw them at the Broni convention with the monkey last time I was there with Mr. Bubbles)
    • portholio wrote:

It is his claim that this entire feud stems from the fact he published information on how to create bootlegs others were selling for profit.
      I mean, that's semi-sorta true anyway.

Android was selling conversions of drives for Ring hardware at a steep price. The Lindbergh multi was also being sold on here.

Both platforms he tried to publish info for on here.

Whether that's got anything to do with banning or anything else, or who cared about whose profit or whatever else, heck if I know, but there were bootleg Ring conversions being sold for profit on the forum, and the Lindy multi, and he did try to post info on both.

I do agree with the you're on someone else's site sentiment. It's not like there aren't other forums where current arcade hardware talk is entirely allowed. If this isn't one of them, it's easy enough to sign onto another.

Shameless plug: Rewrite's Recaps - Your monitor and PSU recapping service center
    • The reason for banning him and his perception of why he was banned are two different things.

As he has demonstrated he doesn't know right and wrong in social situations. His ban pre-dates any talk about modern systems and was due to his behavior towards other members on AP. He crossed over lines you do not come back from. He was actually given many chances and warnings but considered our requests to behave himself unacceptable censorship.
    • brizzo wrote:

His ban pre-dates any talk about modern systems and was due to his behavior towards other members on AP.
      Ah, were all those from fake accounts then? It's hard to keep track of what happened when. And really, who cares?

brizzo wrote:

The reason for banning him and his perception of why he was banned are two different things.
      Totally believe that.

• zero238 wrote:

because having a lawsuit isn't fun. Nintendo has sued for less so its possible for other companies to do the same
      That is a very valid point but much of it relies on industry standard software that is / was distributed as freeware on the internet within the past decade. Simply saying "step 1: power on system and unplug drive to circumvent ata key, step 2: use software x to do blah... Step 8: copy and paste the game key you retrieved in step 4.. etc" can't be the basis of a lawsuit. Much of this seems to rely on industry standard protocols and technology. The only thing remotely copyrightable would be the registry configuration, hardware, key files, and software. Not the knowledge of how it all works together. By the same logic Nintendo would be able to sue people for talking about how to softmod consoles on the internet and they can't (only rom sharing), their only recourse is to ban softmodded consoles attempting to use online services for breach of EULA after the fact.

Even if we lived in some odd world where license agreements could be interrupted as legally binding law and not just a service contract. License agreements only govern the use of software not hardware nor is sega allowed to dictate a license agreement that governs the use of 3rd party freeware that they rely on to do their protection magic. Lets take the games out of the equation for a moment. If I want to understand how to decrypt the hdd, install linux on it and use it to surf the internet like any off the shelf x86 pc its based off of isn't that my right to do so?

The post was edited 1 time, last by portholio: added an extra thought. ().

• A wise man once said ... "it goes down in the DM".

I'm an outsider also that hasn't been around very long and even so somehow found myself, if even for a moment, part of whatever "conflict" has lingered between parties involved here.

I'm all for moderating it safely enough to keep the forum alive, since there is a ton of useful information here. That being said I really don't have any alliances one way or another. I go where the information I'm seeking goes.

I personally don't think the Twitter account in question is detrimental to this site but I do wish that more information could be shared here which potentially could make the twitter account less relevant? (not sure which word made sense there).

Anyways, I appreciate the information that is currently available here and hope that there will be, dare I say, "new stuff" in the not so distant future that doesn't cause anyone drama.
    • i have just blocked and reported the fake account as well. I actually really fell for it at first and i was really annoyed and really frustrated when i found out that it was not the real account and that it is just a really annoying troll but thank you very much for letting me know about this i really do appreciate the help guys :) :thumbup:

The post was edited 3 times, last by GAZZA1991 ().