What's new

LWK

Student
Reaction score
This chassis originally did not work... Swapped the HOT, it fired up... I had even recapped it. It was great, screen looked good, it was finally working again. Well, then the HOT blew again, large squeal sound that was there originally. Thought maybe it was the flyback, swapped it for one of my others, new HOT installed. Blew that one to, but unlike before it just blows these hots instantly.. Unless both those flybacks are trash, I am out of ideas.. I am down to a final HOT on this thing. Any ideas what could be the issue? I am so close to resurrecting my MVS U4..

The HOT is being overdriven. Your B+ could be too high.

Tried lowering B+ pot, same whining sound, different noise. I need to send this into someone.

A bad poly cap in the HOT/deflection circuit, will typically blow the HOT. This is general knowledge, not specific to the chassis you are working on.

Anyone know a place I can send this chassis? I am at my wits end with this endless repair of this thing.

I wish there were more discussions with this chassis along with the other versions as well. Was this like a hated chassis or something?

I'm getting two L292 chassi in a valiant attempt to run an L292 chassis in a K7500 tube and yoke (the game I'm installing the monitors in only runs at standard res and have two in a linked setup).

This chassis is the bane of my existence.

Last edited:
This chassis is the bane of my existence.
Thats common with Toei. I had one that kept giving me problems, I ended up replacing it.
I wonder what you replaced that Toei chassis with (hopefully an MS9)?
I did, although mine was a 25 toei, similar to a ms8-25.

https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41015

I have a love/hate relationship with those chassis. They have the best colors I've seen, but they are so hard to maintain and information outside of japan is scarce.

EDIT: if you like, I'd be more than happy to share what info I had during my deep dive. LMK.

Last edited:
@radiantsvgun did a chassis swap...let alone an 25" tube and yoke with a 27" chassis...and it succeeded? You sir are awesome!

Always better to see successful chassis swaps now because they are way uncommon compared to successful tube swaps. I'm sorry if I took the toei route for both 27" monitors but it's at least better than having mid res only chassi. I hope for the success of using a 27" K7500 tube and yoke with a TC-L292 chassis.

Anyone know what model I can get away with for a MVS U4 with a 29 inch monitor? Damn will it feel NICE to never worry about that 959595995 pin POS STK ever again.

Anyone know what model I can get away with for a MVS U4 with a 29 inch monitor? Damn will it feel NICE to never worry about that 959595995 pin POS STK ever again.
Before you go that route, measure your ohms- it make take some work, but if you can do a ms9 in there- well worth the effort.

Back