What's new

nnap

Professional
Reaction score
I have a Lindbergh setup that I currently run with an external ATX PSU. To make for a clean install, I would like to use the NUC Sun PSU to power the Lindbergh. I previously tried to run a PC motherboard off the Sun PSU but that did not work. I think there is not enough amperage on the 12V line.

Any input is very welcome

No it’s underpowered for the Lindbergh. The Lindbergh psu is twice the size btw.try to find an original Lindbergh psu or just use the atx imo

SUN PSU outputs either 2A or 4A on the +12V rail depending on model. That's not enough for a PC.

Lindbergh PSU is 10A on +12V.

Thanks for confirming this. I will stick to the ATX PSU for now and keep an eye out for a proper LIndbergh PSU.

Lindberg is just a pc - buy a decent atx supply like a SeaSonic

it needs a lot of current on the 12v because it has what was probably the worst cpu for power use at the time, the P4

Thanks for confirming this. I will stick to the ATX PSU for now and keep an eye out for a proper LIndbergh PSU.
If you can, try to steer clear a Lindbergh original PSU. The current values are inconsistent and it kills stuff more than the original Sega Model 3 power supplies in racers like Daytona 2.

Second vote for seasonic, never had an issue with them. I don't like to use older power supplies with my retro stuff unless they have been completely serviced and recapped and for most computer psus it simply isn't worth the time and effort if a reasonably priced quality replacement solution can be sourced. Even AT motherboards can be powered with an ATX to AT adapter these days. I have their prime 600 titanium fanless psu as well as a 750w (focus i believe) model and they have not let me down so far.

and yeah Pentium 4 was the worst for heat production and performance, all around crap cpus I don't know what they were ever thinking with netburst architecture I am glad they went back Pentium III P6 architecture and have stuck with it to date (I guess they learned their lesson when AMD was kicking their ass). If you can find a cooler that fits in the lindbergh with a high tdp rating go for it, it will only extend the life of your system. (careful when removing the old one though the cpu likes to stick to it and rip out with it, twist it to break it free from the cpu before lifting it off)

Reactions: nem
HI

I've a lindbergh cabinet with no psu (Sun or original lindbergh)
A naomi 2 motherboard, will be connected, with an ATX psu

Can somebody tell me if the i/o is connected to the psu ? if so which wire ?. i suppose it is 5/12v connection

thanks

Last edited:
The IO is powered by the PSU too. It just needs +5V connected to it for it work (+12V is just for the outputs).

You can find the schematic in the Lindbergh Universal manual which can be found online.

using a ATX Power supply on an Afterburner and I powered the JVS off it too. The original power supply was poor and mostly was trouble when HDD was accessed at times. I posted about this not long ago

I have a net city that was fitted from the factory with a Lindbergh power supply instead of SUN. With the right harness it's a fine PSU for that cab. Physically fitting in it a cab that came with a SUN would be the only tricky part.

I have a net city that was fitted from the factory with a Lindbergh power supply instead of SUN. With the right harness it's a fine PSU for that cab. Physically fitting in it a cab that came with a SUN would be the only tricky part.
could you share the ref please?

I will open the cabinet later and get you the PSU part number, hopefully the wire loom has a Sega part number tag too

could you share the ref please?
OK so it looks like my net city that doesn't have the normal Sun has this one (which I was told some years back was for Lindbergh but I'm not certain)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-SUN-4...PLY-For-ARCADE-LINDBERGH-system-/165196279138

It appears to be sun branded but is wired differently. https://imgur.com/a/Bz03Spz

605-0098 attaches to normal JVS on the other end.

I hope this helps, I can dig into the cab further if needed but that will wait for another day

I found yhis unit for lindbergh is it a good PSU, better than SUN Naomi? or SUN Lindberg
i-img133.jpg

Back