What's new

atiya

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have an Astro City which i purchased that is having screen issues like tearing and wiggling, i'm really a newbie with arcades and i have no idea how to fix this? like is this an easy fix or do i have to replace the screen? i tried to contacting the person i bought it off and hes been telling me that he will respond to my messages after corona.

I hope someone can help me fix this issue because its getting irritating playing like this, it will be highly appreciated if i someone can?

I also took a video to show the issue ---> Video

Thank you

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 138
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Your video link throws an 'Access Denied' error. Put it on Youtube.

It would be helpful if you pull cart and just have crosshatch displayed then leave camera in one position for a bit of time

I'll toss out these easy things to try:
- make sure your power supply is giving 5.00~5.09 worth of power with everything hooked up and running.
- check your monitor's fingerboard (the little pcb with the nobs on it that's below the Astro City monitor when you lift the control panel) has the connector fully plugged in. Jiggle the cable as it can sometimes just fix that issue.
- try adjusting the horizontal and vertical position nobs just slightly to see if that fixes it at all. (Before you do that, you might want to mark where they are set currently so you can turn them back to that position easily.)

In more annoying cases, you could be looking at needing to get the monitor's pcb recapped (capacitors replaced) or it could be a cold solder joint somewhere that is caused by cracked/old solder no longer making a solid connection to the board (i.e. the board flexes when heated/cooled). The monitor tube itself seems to be fine.

Last edited:
@aoiddr 5.09 not 5.9. Please don't put your PSU over 5.10 as a general rule.

5.9 is going to kill just about anything plugged into it.

@aoiddr 5.09 not 5.9. Please don't put your PSU over 5.10 as a general rule.

5.9 is going to kill just about anything plugged into it.
Whoops, meant to type that and ended up with a bad typo. Thanks for catching that. Fixed! x_x

Whoops, meant to type that and ended up with a bad typo.
I knew it had to be a typo, but I didn't want OP coming back and trying 5.9v and seeing what happened!

Back