What's new

Report2Marty

Student
Reaction score
Greetings Everyone!

So, I’ve been going through it with this AWSD...

Here’s a brief history... Swapped tubes and using a Wei-Ya universal chassis and using a 100v step down transformer.. Started to See waves in the screen. Went to turn off machine and got shocked. Grounded the green earth ground wire from the three prong cord (which connects the chassis to the isolated outlet) to the ground screw located near the PSU.

Tried modding the transformer from a two prong cord to a three prong to help connect earth ground. When I plug the AWSD into the 100v side of the modded step down and plug the step down into the GFI outlet on my wall, it pops the GFI outlet.

I’m losing my mind...... :S

please help....

Ok! I’ll check! Thank you! I was confused by the conflicting info on the internet that I read which said that the wire with the white dashed was hot and also that the wire with the white dashes was neutral.....

Also, dang, would it still power the chassis if I had them switched?!

I believe it would, I made a similar mistake years ago when replacing the cable on my candy cab. When the polarity is reversed you’re cutting off the neutral wire instead of the hot wire when you power off the cab, which results in the shock when you’re touching it, even though it’s “off”.

Ugh... so, I got greedy and wanted to fix my geometry a little more by adjusting some of the caps on the wei-ya 429H universal chassis. Plugged it in, and the damn thing shocked me again... I’m starting to think I shouldn’t be a candy cab owner...

I looked over every connection and couldn’t find what would’ve made it change back to shocking me again. The picture looked the best it has ever looked geometry wise... Started to look around for any clues to why it started shocking me, then the damn thing went into horizontal collapse... lol. I imagine I fried the HOT since I changed the caps that correspond to the width.... I’m the worst...

I’m going to go look at it again here in an hour or two.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all your help!

It sounds like two different shocks for different reasons. I think switching the live/neutral wiring helped or else you would still be getting shocked every time right?

Sounds like the chassis has an issue... maybe you put caps in backwards? Visually inspect it to see if there are any that got blown up/burnt.

When you plug in the chassis the cab power should not already be on. You should plug it in cold and then switch on the power externally.

Back