What's new

ITATTRACTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello grand wizards.

Former 2-3 button shmup player here standing in front of my first 6 button CPS2 boards trying to make sense of what I’m sure is much simpler than I am making it out to be.

I have a lovely Sigma Raijin that I purchased a few years ago. Never opened it until today.
The buttons on the inside all all wired up, all 6 on each side.

The Jamma connector that came with the gun does not have buttons 4, 5, 6 wired at all.

I bought this kick harness from EBay that has the CPS2 connector and all the wires with quick disconnects at the other end plus ground etc.

What is my most painless solution here to get these buttons active? I initially thought I’d just connect the kick harness to the kick buttons using the quick disconnects (because I assumed they weren’t connected) but I see they are already wired up inside the case.

Explain in baby terms please as I’m an old 44 years old and embarrassingly out of touch haha. If I can avoid soldering, I’d prefer that approach but I can dive in there if necessary. Thanks as always.

Pics of everything:

https://imgur.com/a/ID2fdfE

Last edited:
You're going to have to solder. Luckily, it's not too many wires, but you'll need to wire the kick harness to the key connector (where it says "1P Push 4", etc.) as appropriate for the three buttons per player and ground. That'll be the easiest and cleanest way.

Damn so this kick harness serves no purpose. Ok. *goes to order a new soldering gun. Was hoping to play tonight after waiting forever for his harness to arrive haha. Thanks for the info.

Damn so this kick harness serves no purpose. Ok. *goes to order a new soldering gun. Was hoping to play tonight after waiting forever for his harness to arrive haha. Thanks for the info.
Taking a second look at your kick harness, you'll need to cut off the Quick Disconnects if you're wanting to solder the harness to the key.

That’s fine. I can cut/strip.

And for kicks while I wait for this solder kit to arrive, there’s no option to just run the kick harness into buttons 456 using the quick disconnects directly? I’m just unsure of how to loop in the ground. @JoeAwesome

Disregard, I actually got it working. Will still solder over the weekend but for now I got the kicks working. Thanks everyone!

As you found out, it’s possible, but it’s not pretty. Ideally, you would solder kick harness buttons and ground to the key in you second picture like how everything else soldered on the same side. There’s even a place to solder the ground for the kick harness.

Glad you have a solution anyways.

As you found out, it’s possible, but it’s not pretty. Ideally, you would solder kick harness buttons and ground to the key in you second picture like how everything else soldered on the same side. There’s even a place to solder the ground for the kick harness.

Glad you have a solution anyways.
Yeah this is just temporary to get a few rounds in. Solder kit is on the way (I moved last year and I think my old one is in storage). Will def do it correctly over the weekend. Thanks again.

Back