What's new
You can't have one foot in two different shoes (don't know how this sounds in english but should be clear enought haha)
If one shoe is larger than the other you can :)
That is called "making a choice", not fit two things in one.
I was just counting possibilities, it doesn't mean nothing :) It's not my forum, i can't do what i want!

how about you need over 8000 posts to join? that will keep out the riffraff.

how about you need over 8000 posts to join? that will keep out the riffraff.
Defenetly XD You should also be the only one to post there, i think :D
I was just speaking btw, i didn't wat to offend anyone. I'm ok whatever majority choose to, if they do.
Oh btw, i'm trying to convert it again to Methamorphic Force, i wanna see if that works :D

Defenetly XD You should also be the only one to post there, i think
I was just speaking btw, i didn't wat to offend anyone. I'm ok whatever majority choose to, if they do.
No offense taken. Personally I LOATHE limitations based on post count. post count means NOTHING other than you put some text in a box and hit the enter key a bunch of times, it's an easy way to limit access but it's most often the wrong way to limit access. If you're going to seriously gatekeep that information you need to first identify WHY you want to limit it, then setup rules that will accomplish those goals.

it's a joke. Darksoft and I are the only two people on the forum with 8K posts :P

One person (not on Arcade-Projects) whom I know actually sits and waits, researches and tries to predict the next popular and soon to be in high demand arcade PCB; ready to pounce on any opportunity to deplete the market of said PCB so that he may stockpile and sell them at inflated prices. Drying up supply and artificially inflating pricing.

The fact that it's premeditated really rubs me the wrong way.
Let me guess, an Aussie with a first name starting with G?

Now you have people who are buying all of the Quiz Gakumons they can find and converting them all so they can make a profit, like a factory. Look on KLOV or eBay you will find people who have sold DOZENS of TMNT2 conversion PCBs for buyers who are too lazy or unskilled enough to do the conversion themselves. Look at eBay and you will find hundreds of converted PCBs being sold out of China.
Right on. That's unfortunately a problem that you will always have. Goal is people being able to play games they can't afford, but some others use it to make profit.
:thumbdown:

i'm trying to convert it again to Methamorphic Force
Is that a special version I'm not aware of :P
It will work but needs the correct setup. (wire hacks maybe at a extreme)The other stuff (violence storm etc) won't work due to new chips.
I clearly don't know yet, I just looked at the board and thought "maybe", since there are some visible similitudes between the to board. I'll start with the main program as always, then try to find the way, hopefully with some help here and there. This conversion was made for a friend, and i have another martial with a bad 1K prom, a part for mine in the collection. I'll try it when i will have a boring day (probably soon haha)

One person (not on Arcade-Projects) whom I know actually sits and waits, researches and tries to predict the next popular and soon to be in high demand arcade PCB; ready to pounce on any opportunity to deplete the market of said PCB so that he may stockpile and sell them at inflated prices. Drying up supply and artificially inflating pricing.

The fact that it's premeditated really rubs me the wrong way.
Let me guess, an Aussie with a first name starting with G?
First part is correct :)

this guide makes it quite clear except for the blue circle, what exactly is being changed here?
I cant see the Orange Circle. It's in Yellow.

@TheDeath Do you have a knowledge of what's the difference between those 2 customs (You remove one and solder another). Is one replacing the other? Do you think it's "feasible" or "reasonably easy" to modify the Roms to make it work with the same customs that MC has?

this guide makes it quite clear except for the blue circle, what exactly is being changed here?
I cant see the Orange Circle. It's in Yellow.
@TheDeath Do you have a knowledge of what's the difference between those 2 customs (You remove one and solder another). Is one replacing the other? Do you think it's "feasible" or "reasonably easy" to modify the Roms to make it work with the same customs that MC has?
Picky colors, sorry :D Let's just say the orange is the one with the big X
Not in really technical way but the 054539 is a 8channel sound generator, used in many konami games. Two of these can replace one 058141, and vice versa. I think it's probably to double up channels or act as a filter, i honestly don't know the real purpose.
The other one is for decription/protection, but it's not documented so neither i know the real purpose.

Hi @TheDeath. I'm converting a Martial Champion, and I'm a little confused about 2 jumpers, the 2 top. I have soldered to the right, as you suggest, but I have searched for photos, and in the original mystic warriors, both are soldered to the left

I know that the left jumper must be soldered to the right because the "2D" memory is using a 27c160 16Mbits eprom, not a 32mbits. The right jumper is the problem. If I solder it to the right, the game doesn't boot and test says "5F" custom bad (the added second sound custom). If i keep it on the left, the game boots and it has sound (but not all the sounds. For example, sound effects of shooting and enemies doesn't sound).

If I left the 2 jumpers without touching them, leaving connected to the left as an original Mystic Warriors, all the sounds play without poblems. My Martial Champion has those jumpers exactly like an original Mystic Warriors, but in your photo you suggest to change those spots.

I am using ver EAA Mystic Warriors.

Attachments

• IMG_20210514_191452.jpg
    IMG_20210514_191452.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
I get that "aware part" few months ago i think. People here do know stuff (and very well indeed) but they don't share. It makes me wonder what's the purpose of having this forum if people keep informations for theirself.
Sir...

Back