What's new

kazanova225

Student
Reaction score
Hello guys I recently acquired a PGA tour arcade cabinet. it came with a trysinc Wells Gardner D9200.
I have tried everything and nothing shows up on the screen. when you power the crt on and off you can here the turning on and off noise of the crt.
when I plug a computer to it on the vga port, the computer react to it because the display on the second screen adjust to the crt resolution.
when I send a 15khz signal to it on the rgb side I can here it react by a hiss kind of sound.
in all thing I cannot get anything to display on the crt.
it has a neck glow
I have attached a video to give you an idea.

https://imgur.com/a/YbQNpcr

can anyone help, full disclosure I have bever work on a crt because and it it not my cup of tea.
thank you for your help

Last edited:
Turn up the voltage on the flyback (bottom pot) to make sure you get a raster on screen.

I will try that tomorrow because it has been glued at factory so they is a huge blob of hot glue on it.

Turn up the voltage on the flyback (bottom pot) to make sure you get a raster on screen.
I was able to free the flyback high voltage. I cranked it both way along with the brightness and nothing the screen is just dark. No life

Check for shorted parts and/or bulged caps. I'm suspecting a bad horizontal output transistor, or HOT. At the screen itself turns on meaning your flyback is good. I'm dealing with two D9200 chassi with missing/bad flybacks and those currently aren't available new right now.

Being the first ever digital monitor produced, the chassis is bound to have some flaws. The first is the chassis using a crap load of capacitors, 70+ caps, and the second is if the HOT fails, it can take some ICs out with it. Not an easy chassis to start with for your first but I have faith in you.

Check for shorted parts and/or bulged caps. I'm suspecting a bad horizontal output transistor, or HOT. At the screen itself turns on meaning your flyback is good. I'm dealing with two D9200 chassi with missing/bad flybacks and those currently aren't available new right now.

Being the first ever digital monitor produced, the chassis is bound to have some flaws. The first is the chassis using a crap load of capacitors, 70+ caps, and the second is if the HOT fails, it can take some ICs out with it. Not an easy chassis to start with for your first but I have faith in you.
well I appreciate your confidence but I don't deserve it lol. i just sent the chassis to PNL for repair. I do not have the knowledge to repair that chassis nor do I have the tools for it. I learnt something in my little tinkerer carrier. if you dont have the right tools you will make more damages than good.

Back