What's new

Catzoo

Student
Reaction score
Hi everyone !

I manage to repair a dead Ketsui board, so i thought why not making a video about it. Half of the work was already done so please don't mind if shots don't match.

Also, it's in french, but i did some english subtitles 8)

I think i must say it again here, but this is not a "how to" video, this is just my work i share with you. I hope it won't be too cringy to watch, and that everything battery related is not wrong, at least it's once again a good way to raise awareness on this, and a good way for me to have expert infos on this :)

Last edited:
Your video's broken btw, says "video unavailable" for me even on Youtube's site itself.

Very nice and informative video!

Thanks !

To be honest, i wanted to raise (again!) awareness about batteries, because even 10 years after having lost my DOJ to this, friend still have corrosion or batteries on their boards.

The next step is :

- How can we be SURE that there's nothing left ? Is there anyone here with enough chemistry skill to know if we could "test" our board for future corrosion ? Can we do like a small PH test and have info that way ?

- Is it mandatory to put varnish ? I'm worried about oxydation and rust, but i'm also worried that it was'nt neutralised thoroughly, how about 5 years from now, if i capture some corrosion under my varnish ?

There's still so much to figure out if we want to be really preventive regarding this issue, feel free to contribute ! :)

Back