What's new

MeNewVegas

Student
Reaction score
I have a Blast with a Jamma2Pi running ArPicade. Buttons 2 for both P1 and P2 didnt work. Fiddling with them got P2 button 2 to work. Buttons 6 for both players also didnt work, but they are directly connected to the Jamma2Pi with a harness.

I had my brother come over and he multimetered all the wiring from the CP through CN10 and CN5, as well as the board and the jamma. Everything was good.

We put it all back together and more issues cropped up. All buttons now work. Testing in SF2 both P1 and P2 automatically walk right. When attempting to go left they just stand still; oddly the menu doesnt go right for player select. Sometimes it boots with a red tinge on the screen and sound issues.

I have no idea what would be causing these issues. No wiring was exposed anywhere. I sadly have no other board to test to see if the same thing happens.

What should I be doing here?

You took it apart, then put it back together, and a bunch of shit changed and started working differently...

Pin oxidation on your io board ( cn5/cn10 )? Those connectors snap in, make sure they aren’t loose.

Got any photos of your wiring harness? The jamma connector itself may be weak if it’s old, maybe it’s not making connection at the pcb on some pins. You could buy a cheap jamma test board

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264500143902

I’d also try another game that’s not sf2, see if it also holds right. Almost games have a test mode, so you can see if the game thinks the inputs are triggering, or if they’re moving right because of some other emulation/etc error. The test mode will show you if the game thinks the input is being triggered.

Back