What's new

SNK-NEO-GEO

Enlightened
Reaction score
Hello there...Does anyone know the MiSter FPGA I/O RGBS pinout (the one that looks like VGA)
Also - Groovymame with a compatible video card CRTEmu, what are the VGA ping out for RGBS and ground? My understanding is that Groovymame support both RGBS and RGBHV..I will be setting it for RGBS..

I need to connect the 13" Amuzy cabs arcade 15khz CRT to a PC running GroovyMame and to a MiSter. I am not sure what else I would need to create this cable..Do I need a 220ohms resister on the RGB lines?? Has anyone directly connected a 15khz arcade CRT monitor (not the trisync with VGA connector) to a MiSter FPGA over the I/O or a PC running Groovymame on RGBS without a Jpac/extron etc.. just a direct cable? How is this done? thanks in advance for the the feedback.

I have no clue for Groovymame CRTemudriver.

However, for the Mister I/O board this might help:

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Hardware_MiSTer/blob/master/releases/iobrd_5.5.pdf

Someone more knowledgeable please correct me if I’m wrong...I’m reading Red on Pin 1, Green on Pin 2, Blue on Pin 3, H-sync on Pin 13, and V-sync on Pin 14. I think ground might go on Pin 6. I think the C-sync line for RGBs goes on Pin 13. So for RGBs, we should be able to ignore the H-sync line.

https://www.retrorgb.com/vgaconnector.html

Again, someone please correct me if this is mistaken, but I don’t think you need resistors on the signal if you’re feeding it to an arcade monitor. However, if you’re feeding it to a scart device, then I think a resistor is needed for the c-sync line:

https://retro-access.com/products/mister-io-scart

For CRTemudriver, It's the same as a regular VGA except the Csync will be on pin13, the Hsync pin. No need for a resistor on sync. The video is dark though so amplification will be needed. I do have interference issues, however. :(

For CRTemudriver, It's the same as a regular VGA except the Csync will be on pin13, the Hsync pin. No need for a resistor on sync. The video is dark though so amplification will be needed. I do have interference issues, however. :(
What amplifiers are available and what is the recommendations?

has anyone use this one directly to an arcade CRT? Any interference?
https://www.ultimarc.com/arcade-vga-and-video/arcadevga-accessories/arcade-monitor-video-amplifier/

Last edited:
I saw acblunden2 mention that the JPAC amp has low contrast compared to the THS7374 or 75 amps. I'd avoid that.

I saw acblunden2 mention that the JPAC amp has low contrast compared to the THS7374 or 75 amps. I'd avoid that.
I don't know how those function but it seems to be for consoles??? Is there a seller selling something like what ultimatc is selling 15pin VGA style with a THS7374??

on the 13" monitor Amuzy monitor..
cable connected directly to the monitor and Mister - works fine
GroovyMAME - can not hold the sync but looks clean..I suspect an extron 203 will fix that
Xbox360 downscale with Ultracade UVC to 15khz works great..

Attachments

• FC602D1F-3366-47CB-AD78-BBB714DDBD65.jpeg
    FC602D1F-3366-47CB-AD78-BBB714DDBD65.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 370
  • 93875C6F-B4F0-4465-9608-D843C5B9FD9D.jpeg
    93875C6F-B4F0-4465-9608-D843C5B9FD9D.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 242
  • DC4BC1BE-D160-4313-B4F2-C6C04ED1003D.jpeg
    DC4BC1BE-D160-4313-B4F2-C6C04ED1003D.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
GroovyMAME - can not hold the sync but looks clean..I suspect an extron 203 will fix that
Are you having sync dropout, roll, or no sync at all in crtemu?

You can also try combining hv from the dsub to csync.

Are you having sync dropout, roll, or no sync at all in crtemu?
You can also try combining hv from the dsub to csync.
I’m having roll.. I use vhold, it stays for a bit but then roll slowly..only happens with GroovyMame PC..

Back