What's new

KevW24601

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Lovely to meet you all.

My name is Kev. I am from Ireland.
As a 90s kid, I was indoctrinated to the arcade culture through the beat'em'up and fighting game boom.
I have a very sweet spot for Street Fighter, Tekken and Mortal Kombat in particular. TMNT, another title I loved back in the day.
Non-fighters, I think Time Crisis 2 is all-in-all the best arcade game in terms of experience. Fighting Mania would be my dream game to own if I ever had the space or the money.

So I grew up with arcades in the 90s and as you know, they sadly went out of fashion in the 2000s.
But in the past couple of years, a "barcade" opened up in my area and thus my love of arcade games returned with a vengeance. In addition to the fighters, they had the Golden Age titles as well so I really took a shine to Donkey Kong. Peaked about 490K on their cab but I hope to Killscreen once they reopen. I've done my own JAMMA build and am starting to get into collecting boards. Tekken 2 was my first just because I love that creepy Heihachi intro face. :P

Non-arcade wise, I'm a local singer, musician and actor taking life one day at a time.
The arcade hobby is really something I've been focusing on recently and it's been a great help in these strange times.
:D

Welcome, lad!

Cool to hear about the Golden Axe titles still going.

Thanks guys. Just got my SSF2X green B Board today and I have a blue A Board with SSF2 B arriving soon.

Those boards are a joy to see in person. :D

Back