What's new
allright, tried to swap memory to exact same spec, still no luck ? I ordered a cpu (which hopefully will arrive soon). Anyways, i'll keep you updated on my troubleshooting journey in case it would be usefull to others.
Thanks to the community for your help :)

My 6 bucks E2160 arrived today (that was really quick!), so i couldn't resist doing some more test annnnd SUCCESS!!!! My CPU was toasted, i think the guy in charge of assembling my pcb was short on thermal paste .... never saw so few and considering those machines are up like 24/7 this was short term suicide. It only took one automated reboot to be greated with CMOS clear screen!

image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg

So here is my complete procedure in case some people are in trouble:

1- unplug power from wall
2 - remove battery
3- put jumper on pin 6-8 on FP (do not use the jumper next to the battery, it's a trap ;) )
4- plug back new battery
5 - plug power
6 - let it cycle : fans should spin for a few seconds then stop , then start to do it again until cmos clear screen appears (see attachment)
7 - unplug power
8 - put the jumper back to its original position
9- plug power
10 - Enjoy :)

Additional notes:
- I used a single 2GB DDR2 800 stick on slot 1 and it works like a charm
- I did the whole procedure above with geforce plugged in and output on its DVI0 port
- Dipswitches were all off except dip 5.
- No JVS IO was plugged to the mobo during the process

Final note:
Thanks to everybody who helped me during my troubleshooting journey, i really appreciated you kindness :)

I was following this thread as I just recently bought a ring edge 2 with no video. I followed the procedure to replace the CMOS battery, tested the video card in another system and verified it's good. I haven't been able to verify the CPU or the memory. But upon boot up i don't get video and get BIOS beeps. Not a specific number it just keeps beeping as long as the power is on. So I can't correlate it to any BIOS code essentially. I'm wondering if any of you have any other insight?

Thx for all the information and advices in this topic, I manage to bring back to life my RE2 (dead batterie) !

Hello everyone
Unfortunately, I have a problem with my Ringedge 2.

I try to follow this manipulation:
1- unplug power from wall
2 - remove battery
3- put jumper on pin 6-8 on FP (do not use the jumper next to the battery, it's a trap ;) )
4- plug back new battery
5 - plug power
6 - let it cycle : fans should spin for a few seconds then stop , then start to do it again until cmos clear screen appears (see attachment)

In fact it cycles once on my motherboard:
The fan starts up and stops a few seconds later.
I must then unplug my motherboard, wait for the green led to go out, and reconnect to observe a similar cycle.
I do it 4 or 5 times but nothing changes: nothing appears on my screen
Is this normal?
Thx

7 - unplug power
8 - put the jumper back to its original position
9- plug power
10 - Enjoy :)

Can anyone show me which pins I need to use to attach a external power switch? Doing some testing....

Can anyone show me which pins I need to use to attach a external power switch? Doing some testing....
If I am doing quick testing I just use a surge protector with a switch, and a normal US power cord with the ringedge connector on the other end. I have also seen people make power cords which contain the switch in-line.

If I am doing quick testing I just use a surge protector with a switch, and a normal US power cord with the ringedge connector on the other end. I have also seen people make power cords which contain the switch in-line.
Someone made me a 3 prong cable with a ground wire... I should or should not screw it to the chassis? I used the switch on another RE2 but its been a while and I cant find the pin out of the motherboard. I had it before but cant find it again

Normally the motherboard is grounded in a cabinet. The oem ring power cables do not have the 3rd prong. I consider it optional but extremely encouraged.

Back