What's new

any

Beginner
Reaction score
Title say it all...
I only get fan spinning, the PS3 fan start at low speed then go to full speed, no video on both vga or HDMI port
The lower board seem working (some LED light up)
No beep at all (IIRC I used to hear some king of beep just after powering the unit)

Any idea?

Thanks

do you have a dongle in the usb port? does it flash a few times and stop?

if this is the scenario it is a debonded graphics chip.

Oh the original fat system 357. Ya it is likely deboning of cpu or graphics chip. I dont have any of these hopefully someone that does will chime in.

Sorry it's Tekken Tag 2 Unlimited so it's a the slim PS3 (sysmtem 369)
I thought all Tag 2 was on that system

Oh the original fat system 357. Ya it is likely deboning of cpu or graphics chip. I dont have any of these hopefully someone that does will chime in.
ah 369 ok ya if you can put in a usb drive that has a led. If it flashed while the screen is black it is a debonded graphic chip. Otherwise could be debonded cpu if it doesnt flash. I havent done this with a regular usb drive before but only the legit keys.

Tested with the real dongle and it didn't flash at all... will find someone to reball the CPU/GPU

I've not seen dead CPU or GPU in system 369 yet, check the small fan on the top is spinning or yellow hdd activity led on back side of system 369.

If small fan is not spinning its not getting powered from PS3 PSU or clogged from dust (big fan on the left is powered from separate 12v PSU).
If hdd activity led is solid its most likely you've got dead HDD.

Thanks, BOTH fans spin.
The led is close to the USB ports?
I will check ASAP (next week I think)

THANKS

I still have to look at the led, but if I need a new HD where I have to look at?
Thanks

Actually you can boot up with no hdd. It will boot up to a ps3 error screen. That is assumming there are no other problems.

Back