What's new

Magus

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey all,

Picked up a Virtua Cop yesterday and am looking for some help/resources to troubleshoot. Not getting any display from the game.

The power supply 'works' don't see the PSU fan moving but the CRT turns on. I'm not seeing anything displayed but that might be the layers of dust on it.
I can hear the audio amp kick on and was successful adjusting the volume pot behind the coin door.
Degauss button seems to work.

I'm thinking of adjusting the trim pot on the power supply to adjust the 5v first? I don't know where to pull that voltage though with a multi meter - Only seen it done on Jamma.

Edit - Pictures.

https://imgur.com/a/EgH49El

Last edited:
Adjust voltage as said above. Then clean the top of the screen and turn up brightness on the monitor remote to make sure the monitor is actually working.

Thank you both. I tried measuring 5v off the power supply but couldn't get any consistent readings.

Next step is to check the 12v lines and also AC voltages. I spoke with a very nice repair guy who highlighted where to probe AC and what ranges to look for. He also sent me a link to replacement power supply should the readings be out of scope.

So AC was 121 on load. Got nothing again on 12V and 5V. So this tells me there is something wrong with the power supply. I ordered a replacement.

Power supply showed up today in the mail. Swapped it out and adjusted 5v and 12v.

Game booted right up! Thanks everyone.

Now I need to figure out why Player 1 doesn't work. Worst case hope I can find replacements.

I just got a virtua cop - ready to sort :)
Fav game of all time - did you sort your gun?

Back