What's new

aimbuster

Professional
Reaction score
A seller from Japan has a Gradius II PCB for $1,400. I asked for photos and I got these two. Isn't this a 3-pcb set? What are the right questions to ask the seller regarding this PCB?

Just needing some input from people with experience with this particular hardware. Thanks!

s-l1600.jpg

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 290
Thanks for the link @Derick2k! I did a search in the forum and I may have missed that page. I just didn't see it. That helps and it's now less confusing. :)

Just be aware those boards are heavily populated with Fujitsu branded TTL chips known to be really unreliable. Something to keep in mind when you're throwing > 1k on a PCB.

I did replace them all for a friend but it took me 6h in total and I had the best tools for the job.
I imagine it could take days for someone less well equipped.

Thanks for the heads up @Apocalypse! I will definitely try to learn as much on it as possible before I do anything considering the price of the hardware. I'm definitely not equipped and would rather just pay a professional to do things. :)

I'm definitely not equipped and would rather just pay a professional to do things. :)
That's an option but it has a cost. I doubt anyone (except a very good friend :D ) would accept to replace all those chips for less than $200.

Always willing to pay for quality service. :)

@Apocalypse, which is more "valuable" or rare - the 2pcb or 3pcb of Gradius II?

I wasn't really sure about the 2-layer PCB Gradius II I posted if it was a conversion or not. The bottom board just looks shorter than most 2-layer PCBs that I'm seeing in images. Hard to get communication from the seller also.

I ended up finding and buying a 3-layer PCB version. Not cheap.

Annotation 2020-06-12 165352.jpg

@Apocalypse Do Gradius PCBs thrive on 5 volts through JAMMA? Or does it need lower voltage? Thanks.

Back