What's new

Kujako

Grand Master
Reaction score
I've got a stand alone version of Demon Front I'm installing this weekend, and while I think I understand the dip switches, I'm unsure about the toggle and button. I've tried sourcing a manual, but found nothing.

Anyone got a source?

Toggle switch clears out backup memory. The push button takes you to the test screens.

T.

Toggle switch clears out backup memory. The push button takes you to the test screens.

T.
Simple enough, thanks.

(for future reference)

SwitchFunction
1Music
2Voice
3Free
4Stop
5N/A
6N/A
7N/A
8N/A

Last edited:
You can grab a "Geniric" PDF of the PGM Manual online....

Have you seen it??

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/images/c/c4/Pgm_manual_en.pdf

There is a few regions of the booklets.. but the data inside is the same.

I DO have more info on my website if you haven't seen it?? I have heaps of youtube / WWW / Twitter stuff relating to the PGM :)
Yup, found that PDF earlier. Couldn't make much out of it, but that could have just been me state of mind (working weird hours these days). I think I have everything I need, will be wiring up the Demon Front board into my MVS cabinet this weekend once the JAMMA switcher and JAMMA-2-MVS adapter arrive.

Only thing to note is the PGM has a 4th button from the jamma finger. In case you only have 3 buttons in your cab.

The dips are in the manual. The only other dip is no 8 is used to save game high scores on some titles....

I really need to go through every cart i have and check if they save high scores etc. Cos you do NOT need the battery to use the PGM Motherboard. I recommend you remove the battery.. unless you have a REV 14 Motherboard.... Cos the factory batterys leak all over the board eventually .... If you need more help with your PGM, Just let me know.

T.

Only thing to note is the PGM has a 4th button from the jamma finger. In case you only have 3 buttons in your cab.

The dips are in the manual. The only other dip is no 8 is used to save game high scores on some titles....

I really need to go through every cart i have and check if they save high scores etc. Cos you do NOT need the battery to use the PGM Motherboard. I recommend you remove the battery.. unless you have a REV 14 Motherboard.... Cos the factory batterys leak all over the board eventually .... If you need more help with your PGM, Just let me know.

T.
I have some new Panasonic VL2020 batteries around I use on MVS boards, plan on doing the same with the PGM. Cabinet is a four button MVS, the JAMMA-2-MVS converter PCB should map the buttons correctly. If not, I'll get creative. If I hit issues, I'll let you know. I did already boot the board briefly, before remembering the MVS!=JAMMAA. Everything seemed to work. Only issue is that at some point in time someone filed down the sides of the JAMMA connector, so it can slide around a bit and lose the connection. I'll be adding a key to the JAMMA female to lock it into place and may use hot glue to be safe (not a lot, nothing that cant be easily removed later).

Edit: Follow up question @GC8TECH am I right that the potentiometer on the board is volume adjustment?

Last edited:
Yes, The Volume "Wheel" is volume. Some times people hack them and put a "pot" on its side were the volume wheel should be.

I'm actually selling replacement wheels that would restore it back to factory. In case yours has been "hacked" ??? Its not something thats available on ebay. So i decided to source some for my repairs.. and now i opened them to the public as well.

Yes, The Volume "Wheel" is volume. Some times people hack them and put a "pot" on its side were the volume wheel should be.

I'm actually selling replacement wheels that would restore it back to factory. In case yours has been "hacked" ??? Its not something thats available on ebay. So i decided to source some for my repairs.. and now i opened them to the public as well.
My board is unmodified. I'm referring to the small orange potentiometer just to the right of the WaveFront chip in this picture (lower right corner).
O0PhoFv.jpg

Yep, that orange pot is for Volume adjustment. PGM Motherboards have a little dial wheel.

My board is unmodified. I'm referring to the small orange potentiometer just to the right of the WaveFront chip in this picture (lower right corner).
O0PhoFv.jpg
Beautiful! I have the same board. Seems to have the factory battery. Remove it ASAP almos all of them already started leaking :/

O0PhoFv.jpg
Beautiful! I have the same board. Seems to have the factory battery. Remove it ASAP almos all of them already started leaking :/
Not a picture of my board, but a similar one I found (was too lazy to take a photo). Replaced the battery today, put in a coin cell holder and LIR2032. Got it wired up with a JAMMA to MVS converter and JAMMA switcher in my Neo Geo cabinet, and now that the volume is adjusted I can stand to be in the same room with it. Next is to try to adjust my CRT... the color, contrast and brightness is off.

The "test" button on the PCB has RGB bars in the test screens that should help you. Or use a Neo Geo board if you have one....

The "test" button on the PCB has RGB bars in the test screens that should help you. Or use a Neo Geo board if you have one....
Yup, just trying to figure out what to adjust and where. Also want to find some RGB color swatches to use as a comparison...
If you send me some picture of your chassis, i can tell you were to adjust them. Normally you will have a RED GREEN BLUE pots on the chassis main pcb. Some times the RGB Bias will be on the neck board as well.

T.

Yup, just trying to figure out what to adjust and where. Also want to find some RGB color swatches to use as a comparison...
If you send me some picture of your chassis, i can tell you were to adjust them. Normally you will have a RED GREEN BLUE pots on the chassis main pcb. Some times the RGB Bias will be on the neck board as well.
T.
Pictures are in the post I made in the monitor support sub forum. @djsheep thanks for the links, will review them and see what I can figure out. Likewise thanks for the videos @GC8TECH will start working on this tomorrow.

Last edited:
So after much fiddling and tracking down some good PCB mounts I have the Demon Front board wired into my MVS cabinet mounted on the side panel. This is in addition to the MVS-2F the cabinet is built around and the single slot MVS running my Darksoft Multi. Now I need to figure out how to fit a CPS1 and Sega ST-V in there...
IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

Further update. Added a horizontal / vertical adjustment board into the mix as the Demon Front output is slightly different than the MVS/Neo Geo my CRT is adjusted for. Adapter boards are now almost as big as the game board.
IMG_0627.jpg

Back