What's new

avramce

Student
Reaction score
Hi all, bought my first Neo Geo cab in September of last year, and got drawn to the idea of learning how to consolize some of the spare boards I bought for parts. Big thanks to XianXi and mmmonkeys build logs/tutorials - very helpful for getting into this hobby. I've been posting these to the Neo Geo MVS Collector's facebook group, but felt it would be nice to show some of my projects here!

MV1C - Fully printed shell with Genesis model 2 AV out for RGB. Using a 470ohm on the sync line, and a 1K pot for tuning between an HD RetroVision and a Gen2 SCART cable from RetroAccess. Tested with a LevelHike Genesis 2 cable for fun, works well:
ymqyXEXm.jpg

cLXI5oYm.jpg

GqYJTWmm.jpg

N9lMitMm.jpg

MV1 - Cover plate and rear panel. Rear panel had been outfitted with either a female SCART port or kitted with LevelHike AES HDMI kit (customer's request). Had issues with the LevelHike kit overheating in the rear panel, so I added a 30mm fan intake to cool the heatsink. Works well, but a fairly big CMVS overall, when there are smaller boards available:
7GHcbV5m.jpg

Ir7VSlCm.jpg

rcTfq0Wm.jpg

MV1B - Inspired by NeoTurfMasta's microMVS, I wanted to see if I could pull off a similar build. Not as compact as the original, but close enough to satisfy my curiosity. Same as the MV1C, running using a Gen2 AV port with a 470k on the sync line and a 1K pot on each RGB line to tune to match the hooked in AV cable:
0IgpfeZm.jpg

pMwaZ8zm.jpg

And for fun, failed MV1B shell made into a tissue box :D
dwWebJtm.jpg

Goddamn. Those are gorgeous, man! If I ever go consolized I'm coming here for at least some inspiration.

I'm printing on an Artillery Sidewinder X1. Recently, I've been filling, sanding and painting to give me a little more variety.

Back