What's new

Kujako

Grand Master
Reaction score
So my big red MVS-25-2 has a QNIC CGM-2500 in it. The monitor has been fairly recently recapped, but it was never properly setup. The color is off, and the screen is dim. If I crank up the brightness, it gets washed out. Nothing too horrible to look at, but I know it can be better. Problem is, I'm not sure how to tackle it. I see RGB drive & cutoff on the stem PCB, and focus + something unintelligible on the controller. This is in addition to the vertical/horizontal/brightness/contrast controls around the front. Any help is appreciated.
IMG_0583.jpg
IMG_0581.jpg
IMG_0582.jpg

Here is RGB on the neck board....

BUT there should still be a row of pots on the chassis main PCB with RGB labels.....

I like to have a Red Green and Blue Niko pens and colour in the RGB pots. Make it way easyer to remember which pot is what.....

Attachments

• neckboard.jpg
    neckboard.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 126
Here is RGB on the neck board....

BUT there should still be a row of pots on the chassis main PCB with RGB labels.....

I like to have a Red Green and Blue Niko pens and colour in the RGB pots. Make it way easyer to remember which pot is what.....
I've got some Niko gel pens around for that as well. Here's a picture of the main PCB pulled from another post. No pots that I can find outside of the ones on the neckboard and the control panel...
cgm2500.jpg

I presume there is nothing RGB related on the remote control PCB???

If not.. the neck board is all you have.. Be VERY carefull adjusting it while the cab is powered up. I have a Chassis safety video as well. I may have sent you a link.....

I presume there is nothing RGB related on the remote control PCB???

If not.. the neck board is all you have.. Be VERY carefull adjusting it while the cab is powered up. I have a Chassis safety video as well. I may have sent you a link.....
Yeah, remote is just geometry, brightness and contrast. I have insulated tools and gloves.

@GC8TECH I think all I need is to adjust the RGB correctly. Looking at where it's currently set, the green is way off.
IMG_0581 (1).jpg

I did some minor adjustments and it's already looking better. I have the Neo Geo Monitor Test suite up and running, but I'm still not able to get things as vibrant as they should be. Not had a chance yet to step through everything yet however. May reset the brightness & contrast and do a full setup from the ground up as the link you provided suggests. Also need to do a minor amount of frame degaussing... lower right corner is a little rainbowish.

Last edited:
Back