What's new

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Sega JVS I/O 837-14633 labled "SH IO BD 2"

I've seen a few of these pop up recently, best I can tell is that they were used on the "Kicks 4 cash" machines. so maybe it has some special provisions for the hopper?

Based on the connectors it looks like it may be an early variant of the Type 3 I/O, if so it could be a cheaper alternative to a Type 3. It's difficult to find info on it, I'm curious if anyone has one could relay the specs from the JVS Test screen.

Attachments

• yutazou-img600x450-1464413569br9tqd21404.jpg
    yutazou-img600x450-1464413569br9tqd21404.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,091
  • yutazou-img600x450-1464413570pckxnt21404.jpg
    yutazou-img600x450-1464413570pckxnt21404.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,139
not sure about this one,

afaik Kick'4'Cash, Club Kart Prize Ver.B and Shootout Pool Prize Ver.B uses 837-14438 hopper control board
they have some similarities, but as I see they are not exactly same. also, 837-14438 is not JVS IO board, there no JVS connectors, it connected via RS232 and uses custom protocol, it is dedicated hopper controller, not IO board.

I don't know, the only reference I could find to this board online was someone stating that they pulled one from a dedicated kick4cash machine.

How do you figure it's not JVS?
because I know quite well how NAOMI 'CashCube' games works, i.e. how they are connected on physical level, that protocols used, etc..
so, I can say for sure - IF this PCB from/for Kick'4'Cash game - it is not JVS.

afaik Kick'4'Cash uses two JVS IOs - 13939(rotary) and 13551, similar to pool games.
and SH4-based Hopper Controller PCB connected to NAOMI SH4 SCIF (serial port), which is RS232. and uses custom protocol.
btw, not compatible with NAOMI+SWP cartridge+G2 IO hopper controller protocol.

Its definitely a JVS I/O board, port is right there on the bottom right. Wasn't this used with Ghost Squad or something like that, I could be wrong about the game.

so, I can say for sure - IF this PCB from/for Kick'4'Cash game - it is not JVS.
That's fair, but I'd hardly use some off-hand comment by someone as validation that this is 100% from kick 4 cash. you clearly know that part numbers of the boards used in that machine and this isn't one of them... I'd say it's far more likely that this IS a JVS board but ISNT used in kick4cash.

Hi (first post)

I bought one of those a few weeks ago on eBay.
The seller said it's the most versatile I/O board.
Not sure about that today, because there's almost no documentation available.
I couldn't tested it so far because :
- I'm still waiting for my cabs (a standard NUC and a Jambo Safari upright. By the way, I'll probably have a few questions about those),
- I'm a total noob :D

I'll probably try to install it in a week or two and let you know.

Until then, if you want some pictures, just ask.

Bye

Hi (first post)

I bought one of those a few weeks ago on eBay.
The seller said it's the most versatile I/O board.
Not sure about that today, because there's almost no documentation available.
I couldn't tested it so far because :
- I'm still waiting for my cabs (a standard NUC and a Jambo Safari upright. By the way, I'll probably have a few questions about those),
- I'm a total noob :D

I'll probably try to install it in a week or two and let you know.

Until then, if you want some pictures, just ask.

Bye
If you don't mind, oonce you get it and hook it up to a NAOMI go into the JVS TEST and snap a picture of that screen, it should give a good amount of information as to what features this board has.

If you don't mind, oonce you get it and hook it up to a NAOMI go into the JVS TEST and snap a picture of that screen, it should give a good amount of information as to what features this board has.
I tried to plug that board into the Jambo Safari cabinet but most of the connectors didn't match.
I was only able to plug the JVS connector and the smaller black connector.
Every JST connectors are bigger on the board.

Once the system started, it only showed an error message like : "jamma I/O not found"

How can I found a wiring diagram?

All you need to view the node test is hook up the usb type cable between the motherboard and IO and power the IO.

Thanks.
I'll try that way next week.
the black connectors are outputs, but you'll need to hook up a power connector for the PCB to be recognized, on the type 1 these are the 4 pin connectors with yellow and white wires. I don't know which connectors are used for power here, you may need to use a multi-meter and see which pins on which connectors are routed to the known ground, 5V, and 12V pins on the output connectors. chances are you'll need to build a custom power adapter unless you have a schematic.

Thanks for those tips.
I ordered all the crimping gears to build the power adapter.
More info next week...if I don't mess it up. :D

Edit : ordered the wrong crimping tool...Another one is on the way.

Last edited:
Hi,

I surely will but my cabinets won’t be available for at least 2 months.

I had to store them until my new house is finished.

Sorry for the delay...

Back