243.5 KB · Views: 246
  • IO-Board-Bd-2-SEGA-837-14633_1.jpg
    IO-Board-Bd-2-SEGA-837-14633_1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 235
  • IO-Board-Bd-2-SEGA-837-14633_2.jpg
    IO-Board-Bd-2-SEGA-837-14633_2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 199
Just my 2 cents:

The onboard chip, where USB-B connector is hooked to - is Sipex SP3481EN.
It is RS-485 transciever chip, that tells us it can't be "Standart serial port", but very likely it is JVS.

I would connect the board to Naomi and try to test it somewhere around this week.

@Darksoft several month ago you dumped similar/same looking board's FPR-24352A flash ROM, but I can't find there JVS-related texts shown on the photo above (SEGA I/O BD JVS 837-14562 etc).
so, I'm not sure, its possible this one have different firmware in the flash ROM, or JVS IO part maybe handled not by SH CPU but other MCU on this board ?

add:
as I see in my notes - suspected JVS IO MCU is Sega 315-6414 (also used in Type-3 JVS I/Os).
so - is it dumped ? - yes and no, you have dumped SH CPU program flash ROM, but actual JVS IO function implemented in other MCU and undumped.

Last edited:
Similar IO so I thought i'd add it here:

https://imgur.com/a/qbsSeTv

8PAEGsV.jpg

Haven't managed to power it up yet but it's a 837-14438 (which I beleive came from Kick for Cash) - looks very similar to the one being talked about here but has an SD card slot at the top, and a place for some sort of socketed EEPROM to go in?

Does anyone have any ideas what the SD card / EEPROM might be for?

@bobbydilley not exactly similar PCB, it is not JVS I/O, but dedicated hopper contol board.
Does anyone have any ideas what the SD card / EEPROM might be for?
I'd guess PCB was designed as kind of general purpose universal I/O controller, so it have bells and whistles which might be useful for various applications.

Edit: 837-14438 is not JVS, and is a dedicated hopper control board.

Surely this is a JVS I/O - it's got the USB B connector on it?

The picture doesn't show for me on here now, but earlier in this thread @ArcadeMachinist posted videos of the JVS board information for the other one which you can see in a google search here:

shorturl.at/grJSV

Showing that it has inputs, outputs, drivers etc.

But that makes sense, I'm really hoping it'll have some interesting JVS capabilities on it to play around with. I've yet to find a JVS I/O that supports the 'backup' feature which would be super intersting to work with.

Last edited:
Surely this is a JVS I/O - it's got the USB B connector on it?
837-14633 - yes, it is JVS I/O with additional SH-4 CPU for some unknown purpose.
837-14438 at your photo - no, it is SH4-based dedicated hopper controller, it connected to NAOMI 1 CRX or Naomi2 SH4's serial port (CN8), not JVS.
they looks a bit similar, but if you'll look at them more precisely you'll notice it is different devices.

btw, here is one more "similar looking" Sega's I/O board
IMG_20141123_2351331.jpg

this is photo sensor PCB from "World Club Champion Football" games series, not JVS too.

Ah makes sense! I just had a closer look on the board and next to CN8 it's got a USBN9604-28M. I'm assuming maybe thats for auditing the payouts, or updating the firmware on a computer.

Annoyingly I can't seem to find a wiring diagram at all for this board, so unsure how it connects to the Naomi.

be interesting if you ever find a diagram,
a few years ago i was trying to find a wiring diagram for "club cart prize"
and it seems that the wiring for any "payout" games is intentionally missing from the back of the official manuals!

Back