What's new

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Got a Time Killers board in today. Wouldn't work at all in my E3. Wavy video, sometimes randomly resetting, awful screeching audio.

Dug into the manual, and noticed it needed -5v. Threw it into the Q25 and up it popped, working perfectly. I assume that's less because of -5v and more because of a strong PSU in general.

Played a few rounds and the audio went out. Took the PCB out and both heatsinks on the audio board are HOT. It's also missing capacitors at C81 and C17. They've been desoldered, not torn off. If anyone can look at their board and let me know the values I'd appreciate it.

I guess the course of action moving forward is:

Replace those two caps.

Test again.

If still heating up until the audio cuts out, replace the IC's that are heating up?

@rewrite My Time Killers PCB has a similar issue. It's *VERY* fussy with voltage.

The game goes into a loop with the "Time Killers" boot audio, and until I find that perfect sweet spot on voltage, it refuses to run. It can be anywhere between 5.15v - 5.25v. It's actually the only game I need voltage controls on my Supergun with.

Potentially a recap would fix it, however in my research when I got the board, others had experienced this same issue (but it seems there are boards out there that don't).

Let me know if you find a fix. Underrated B-Grade fighting game right there!

@djsheep any chance you can let me know the values of those two caps? They've been removed from my board for some reason.

C17: 2200μF 16v
C81: 1000μF 25v

Nothing I have on hand. Will shelf this till the next digikey order.

Thanks @djsheep!!

Does anyone re flash the rom chips? Got a board that boots to a blue screen and all the UV chips didn’t have their stickers on them.

Plus, am I imagining things or was there a thread about potentially converting TK to Bloodstorm or SF The Movie.

Back