What's new

DaveR

Student
Reaction score
Wow, we had this particular setup now for almost a year, talked about it before on here.

So, we moved the machine about 3 foot, we disconnected it and reconnected it, may have got a few wires wrong like left and right speaker, I noted the JV cables might had been swapped.

Bottom line is this ... Player 1 Boots straight into the game.. Player 2 looks for the JVS and then boots into the game.

I appear to have a very quick 'searching for JVS screen' and then it boots, so I am thinking the 256 USB port is shorted in someway that sgiving it the signal to boot .

I swapped hard drives and location of the two machines and pinned it down to the 256 itself.

Anyone had that?

It would be nice to know the boot behavior of this game under normal circumstances. Idk if the main pcbs looked for the JVS or not before you moved the machine. Idk if inputs work on both pcbs too.

I noted the JV cables might had been swapped.

Bottom line is this ... Player 1 Boots straight into the game.. Player 2 looks for the JVS and then boots into the game.

I appear to have a very quick 'searching for JVS screen' and then it boots, so I am thinking the 256 USB port is shorted in someway that sgiving it the signal to boot .
What is the actual problem you're experiencing? does the game not function properly in some way or are you just trying to figure out why one of them gives you the "searching for JVS screen"?

It's worth noting that these PCBs have both a USB Port and a JVS port and you can cause damage to the game board or the JVS IO if you use the Wrong port.

my colleague brought over another tc4 setup (two 256s) ... later on he messaged me sayign hes got it working. phew.

Player one would flash the writing up quickly and connect so no attempt to the find the JVS.

'No the small usb pcb easy job to fix but took bloody ages to find what the problem was'- i didn't take the unit apart as I thought the USB was actually on the board.

also

whats this kit ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JVS-JAMM...894322?hash=item21711184f2:g:DUkAAOSwS7xe0oF6

whats this kit ?

ebay.co.uk/itm/JVS-JAMMA-I-O-K…1184f2:g:DUkAAOSwS7xe0oF6
That is for connecting a system 2x6 to a JAMMA cabinet.

not useful for gun games though, only joystick games like Tekken and Soul Calibur.

Back