What's new

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Captain America and the Avengers.

Showed up, would boot maybe 1 out of 3 times into the game and play along mostly fine. Some weird sounds, and no character images on the select screen (but you could select them blindly, ha).

Gave it a deep bath and threw the roms on the programmer. Most of them were no good.

Erased them all, reprogrammed, and replaced one that just would not make a good connection.

Game boots up fine, and plays nicely.

UNTIL Player 2 starts!

Poor Vision can only walk left. So I've taken to pin X as that's 2P Left. It goes out to NF25.

NF25 -> pin 3 of IC9. I tested IC9, and all the readings are identical to IC6, IC8, and IC10, so I know the resistor array is working properly.

Only 3 pins of IC9 output. One goes to a via, which goes to another via, which heads into DE Custom 75. The other two go directly into DE Custom 75.

Is the assumption here that:

1) DE75 is bad?

2) Is there a way to test NF25 (I know signal goes through it, but perhaps it's bad)?

3) Or should I find where the traces from IC9 going into DE75 exit, and perhaps the issue is on the other side of DE75?

Swapped NF25 with another component to see if Vision's movement would change. Thought process being if I moved the 2P left component to 2P right and it were bad then he would move right instead.

But no change. So my assumption is it's the custom or something beyond that maybe?

Anyone with experience on these?

Thanks to @tendril for the help over on KLOV.

Confirmed it's the 75 custom by removing both the resistor array and NF25, and 2P still kept walking left.

So I'm on the lookout for dead DE games I suppose. But for now I can at least enjoy 1 player Captain America!

This one is at least resolved. It's 100% the 75 custom. It'll be fixed when I find a dead DE game with a working 75 custom.

Last edited:
Back