What's new

2006Chaos

Student
Reaction score
hello,
I am wondering if I can get help with this project I'm doing. I got a partial set of original cps2 chips for Marvel vs Street Fighter Gray Asia version from a friend that once had a few arcades but he sold them all and only had this set left from a cps2 project he was doing. he didn't have any of the other chips but he knew they worked because he would have trashed them if they didn't he said. and that they were tested at some point.

but the chips I have are 01,02,13,14,15,16,17,18,20 and I'm missing 11,12,19, and the 3 -10 chips. I don't have any idea on programming or tools needed I'm not really a person that understands that part of this hobby ?( .

I have 9 of the "TI TMS27C240-10JL 27C240 27C4002 4 MEG EPROM 100NS 40PIN CERAMIC DIP" chips that I can mail out to get programmed for the 3 - 10 eproms if they will work?
I just don't know what chips I need to get for the 11,12,19? or if someone has them for sell let me know, I also need a CPS2 PAL chip BGSB3 G PAL, but I'm not sure which PAL is need with this game as I never owned it before. If someone can program this stuff for me or who does this type of work in repairs, Let me know and if the 3 missing chips can be replaced and programmed.

Thank you for your time!
Jamie

Well I got the pal chip now. Just don't know how to proceed with anything else that needs to be done to get this working again. HopefullyI can get some help with this. :|

those should be really simple to burn. Do you have any blank chips?

just read you have them. I'd recommend you just buy a programmer! For the cost if mailing back and forth the chips you can get a programmer and uv eraser and burn them.

just read you have them. I'd recommend you just buy a programmer! For the cost if mailing back and forth the chips you can get a programmer and uv eraser and burn them.
The main thing is I don't know anything about Programming chips. I don't have the skills or mind set or tools and equipment for this job. It is easier for me to send out the chips to someone that already does have the all data and the equipment and knows what they are doing because they do it all the time, I'll pay the fee for the job and the shipping. As I don't want to invest in all that equipment and the time to learn what tools and supplies I need for this job for this one and only game I have that is like this. I am not collecting any games or arcade hardware anymore as I no longer have the space and the prices are well out of my range that I would pay these days for 1 B board on ebay. Thanks to all the advances made with in the last few years to save them there is no need for the battery that can leak and destroy the chips. The only thing that is left to do is to save this one game and have it be working so that its doesn't get trashed for being incomplete. The 3-10 I don't mind sending the chips out to get programmed. I don't even know what model chips I need to get for the one Graphics rom #19 and the 11 & 12 sound data roms that I am completely missing. So if someone knows the model chip types for them I can look on ebay and just order them and when someone has the time to help me out I can send them out all at once to get programmed. I'm not in a rush to even do this it just a side project that I would like to get done at some point and save the game. ^^

Did you ever get help with programming the roms?
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find anybody to help me anywhere in doing the programming for the few chips that I needed to be done.
I had to wait until someone was selling their chips that I needed on eBay to make a working game.
The seller I got them from had converted to a CPS2 Darksoft multi-kit and was selling the full chipset and the BGSB3 G PAL chip that I also needed.
So now I got the same extra working original chips for spare parts or trades in the future. I was able to test them.
I was also able to get an empty B board shell in the gray color for Asia and a sticker replacement to make a complete working game. so I was able to get this long-term project completed and know for sure that the chips I was given did still work.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find anybody to help me anywhere in doing the programming for the few chips that I needed to be done.
I had to wait until someone was selling their chips that I needed on eBay to make a working game.
The seller I got them from had converted to a CPS2 Darksoft multi-kit and was selling the full chipset and the BGSB3 G PAL chip that I also needed.
So now I got the same extra working original chips for spare parts or trades in the future. I was able to test them.
I was also able to get an empty B board shell in the gray color for Asia and a sticker replacement to make a complete working game. so I was able to get this long-term project completed and know for sure that the chips I was given did still work.
Sorry I never saw this post, I would have programmed these. It sounds like it worked out even better though; patience is key in this hobby for sure.

Back