What's new

geldra

Student
Reaction score
Hello! Apologies if this is covered elsewhere (feel free to point me in the right direction or move the thread to the right place).

I'm expecting a Naomi 2 motherboard in the next couple of weeks as a replacement for a unit that developed the flashing checkerboard issue (GPU fault?) and is now totally dead.

As a result of the above failure, i was wondering if there are any steps that i can take with this replacement unit, like getting more efficient fans/cooling/thermal paste etc in there?

I'm not comfy with replacing anything that would require soldering unfortunately.

Thanks!!

The gpu coolers don’t use thermal paste they use a special thermal sticker. These naomi2 are prone to failure. They are a ticking bomb. Just clean it good and make sure the fans are spinning good. If they are verry noisy replace them with a type that is know if you google it . As the bearings are fucked :) also make sure the fan on the back of the case is running as some don’t work good and the BGA GPU will overheat

Definetly replace this turbines! It makes such a HUGE difference in regards of noise.

I changed mine to fitting noctua for the mobo motherboard and Papbst Case fan iirc.

Back