What's new
I resurrected a dead all-in-1 CPS2 board by re-writing the simm with the $55 bios swap cart...

One Question - I know most SCSI CD-Rom drives work but has anyone tried using a SCSI DVD-Drive (as I will have a couple from scrapped kit in a couple of weeks) with a CPS3 board.

@Darksoft - "New version of the bios" - I assume it'll be another bios swap not a flash upgrade from a CD. If so I'll hang onto the two dead carts I have until it's released...
Well, my idea is to make it so that it will check in the CD for a file and if found, it will make an automatic update. No more soldering after this one.

Ah, so correction... Zero reason to own the swapped SH2 (CPS2 SIMMs write just fine with both versions).
Thanks for clearing that up. :D

So I can send you the following:

MOBO
SIMMS
DEAD CART (if you want I can send the dead cart to Mitsu to flash for you) I have to send him like 2 other dead carts I have.
And its gone, defor got it :D

Last edited:
You can use SCSI DVD drives with a CPS3 PCB with no issues - I'm using a Plextor on my spare setup (I use SCSI2SD on my main one) & the Toshiba ones from Dell servers seem to work OK too.

Back