What's new

wahlalla

Beginner
Reaction score
Good morning,is it possible to unlock all the characters in Tekken 4? thanks

Reactions: nem
The Japanese version D has all the characters unlocked. I've had that version on loan, it's very much real.

Version C has the characters under a time lock I think. They'll unlock after a set amount of time (how long, I have no idea). If you change to a different game on the same motherboard, you lose all progress.

(I love how you started this thread with 'Good morning'. You get a like from me!)

I got a version D and a version C. From what I have seen, versions A-C have the time release system. Version D has everything unlocked, but they seem to be converted dongles. Never seen one with the letter “D” printed on the label.
B332F162-37FB-4489-AAE7-27C49DC3F3BF.jpeg

I got a version D and a version C. From what I have seen, versions A-C have the time release system. Version D has everything unlocked, but they seem to be converted dongles. Never seen one with the letter “D” printed on the label.
B332F162-37FB-4489-AAE7-27C49DC3F3BF.jpeg

Hi, it's possible to have a backup of dongle ver. D?
Thanks

I’m not sure if anyone has dumped it yet, I would like to see it dumped. Never actually knew that version D was hard to find. I thought that it was a common revision and I found it for dirt cheap.

They'll unlock after a set amount of time (how long, I have no idea). If you change to a different game on the same motherboard, you lose all progress.
Jin Kazama - 2 Weeks Active
Violet - 3 Weeks Active
Nina Williams - 4 Weeks Active
Lei Wulong - 5 Weeks Active
Bryan Fury - 6 Weeks Active
Julia Chang - 7 Weeks Active
Kuma/Panda - 8 Weeks Active
Heihachi Mishima - 9 Weeks Active
Combot - 10 Weeks Active

So yeah, I'd love to get my hands on a version D dump as well.

I’m going to test the time release thing my self some day, I got a version A tekken 4 dongle with locked characters and I’ll try to film the process. This should be fun! :)
Edit: I have sold this version of the arcade.

Last edited:
I also got a Tekken 4 Version D. Pretty sure the D was written on the dongle with a marker. No locked characters for me!

Now, I just hope it doesn't take 10 weeks to unlock the old Tekken 5 stages in Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection.

If the other Tekken time-release unlockables are anything like in Tekken 3 and Tekken Tag Tournament, the game would just count the hours it's powered on and running (well, probably not including test mode). Stuff like actual gameplay time or credit counts didn't matter. Back when I was messing with MAME I didn't know how to unlock the other characters in Tekken 3 and Tag so I just left MAME running in the background on a laptop for weeks.

I guess there's nothing really stopping me from doing that right now with real hardware (except fan noise while sleeping, maybe)... but at some point I would like to play Tekken 5.1 again without getting another 256. Where are the hacked ISOs/dongles for T5DR??

S
I also got a Tekken 4 Version D. Pretty sure the D was written on the dongle with a marker. No locked characters for me!

Now, I just hope it doesn't take 10 weeks to unlock the old Tekken 5 stages in Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection.

If the other Tekken time-release unlockables are anything like in Tekken 3 and Tekken Tag Tournament, the game would just count the hours it's powered on and running (well, probably not including test mode). Stuff like actual gameplay time or credit counts didn't matter. Back when I was messing with MAME I didn't know how to unlock the other characters in Tekken 3 and Tag so I just left MAME running in the background on a laptop for weeks.

I guess there's nothing really stopping me from doing that right now with real hardware (except fan noise while sleeping, maybe)... but at some point I would like to play Tekken 5.1 again without getting another 256. Where are the hacked ISOs/dongles for T5DR??
If you can find another 256 for cheap, go for it! Search and you’ll find some great deals out there. I want to try my little experiment though, and I have to wait 10 weeks for T5 stages on T5DR!? Well, time for two experiments then lol!

Seems strange no one has found the offsets in memory where the time checks are performed against the system RTC.
So long as we have a dump of the D security dongle you could send the current revision dongle to @Mitsurugi-w to be reprogrammed into a D.
His service is 50$, but hiring someone to locate the offset/provide the patch could be much much more.

I'd offer to help, but I'm at a loss when it comes to decomplation...
I can load a CPU profile in IDA sure, but does the Sony EE (emotion engine) even have one robust enough to use?

Back