What's new
Since Dangerous Seed is mentioned does that mean that the ROMs have finally been patched or will an original security chip be required for that one?

Since Dangerous Seed is mentioned does that mean that the ROMs have finally been patched or will an original security chip be required for that one?
I patched it and all the remaining games that weren't patched (including those boring sport games).
Are those patched ROMs currently available or will they only be released with the multi board?

Those flashes have capacity of 256Mbit, 512Mbit and 1Gbit, so they can hold the whole library. An adapter could be made but I'm not sure if Xeltec or others would accept it. Many of these programmers have a small Dallas security chip implemented in their adapters. On the other hand, is that pinout homogeneous among other programmers?
Ok, so you would need programmer that supports M29EW devices!?

I have topmax II and it supports these up to 512Mbits in size, so will this do and does the adapter you supply with it work??

Those flashes have capacity of 256Mbit, 512Mbit and 1Gbit, so they can hold the whole library. An adapter could be made but I'm not sure if Xeltec or others would accept it. Many of these programmers have a small Dallas security chip implemented in their adapters. On the other hand, is that pinout homogeneous among other programmers?
Ok, so you would need programmer that supports M29EW devices!?
I have topmax II and it supports these up to 512Mbits in size, so will this do and does the adapter you supply with it work??
+1. Chipmax II list supports these up to 512 as well. Would be happy to not have to buy another programmer, ha.

And if it does support it, happy to program them for others so they don't need to throw big money at a programmer they'll use a handful of times.

Ok, so you would need programmer that supports M29EW devices!?I have topmax II and it supports these up to 512Mbits in size, so will this do and does the adapter you supply with it work??
+1. Chipmax II list supports these up to 512 as well. Would be happy to not have to buy another programmer, ha.
And if it does support it, happy to program them for others so they don't need to throw big money at a programmer they'll use a handful of times.
+1 For sure, arent we registered to offer free programming services for fellow members :)

+1 For sure, arent we registered to offer free programming services for fellow members
I forgot about that thread. If I'm not, I should be. I don't keep anything on hand though, so they're all responsible for their own eproms/eeproms/flashroms.

+1 For sure, arent we registered to offer free programming services for fellow members
I forgot about that thread. If I'm not, I should be. I don't keep anything on hand though, so they're all responsible for their own eproms/eeproms/flashroms.
Ofcourse, they need to send in their own chips to program and link to the software, as well as pay for shipping both ways :D

The thing about this programmer is that Darksoft and Apocalypse got together and decided it would be cool to standardize the programing of future multis. So if you buy that programmer then you will be able to program and memory modules needed for the future DS and Apoc multis.

The thing about this programmer is that Darksoft and Apocalypse got together and decided it would be cool to standardize the programing of future multis. So if you buy that programmer then you will be able to program and memory modules needed for the future DS and Apoc multis.
Sure, but it's a waste of money for some of us if our current programmers will do the same thing. So knowing if the adapter works with other programmers is a good thing to get figured out! :)

Sure, but it's a waste of money for some of us if our current programmers will do the same thing. So knowing if the adapter works with other programmers is a good thing to get figured out! :)
If it works maybe we just need a dip to whatever adapter to the supplied adapter made :) Should be cheap enough to make small pcb with a couple of connectors. I just dont want more equipment with its own adapters to keep if I can avoid it. You know, like I have adapters for my adapters, to the other adapters to the original ones :D But whatever, if its needed going forward, might pick up it up.

Last edited:
You know, like I have adapters for my adapters, to the other adapters to the original ones :D
46ct3s.jpg

Edit: I don't know about you guys, but just looking at this meme makes me feel old...

Back