What's new
f900268df5b8b61a2546a83a95fcb208.jpg

Up until the last few years you could find Galaga 88 PCBs for less than 300$.
Today I've seen prices more like 350~400$ for the PCB, at least its not Irem M84 prices. :/

at least its not Irem M84 prices. :/
Huh ? Pretty sure Daiku No Gen-san was still affordable and common on Yahoo Japan Auctions, until last year at least. Haven't seen any recently though.

Up until the last few years you could find Galaga 88 PCBs for less than 300$.
Today I've seen prices more like 350~400$ for the PCB, at least its not Irem M84 prices. :/
Yet!
I helped to find 2 boards ... one goes at @sk8er000 (Galaga88 - 270euro shipped) and one to @zizer (Pacmania - 360 euro shipped) sorry guys , hope you don't mind i revealed this , can help other guys to orientate on these boards prices. My Galaga88 cost me 340 euro shipped , comes from @YanoArcade (but purchased through UKVAC) . Yesterday i spoke with the seller who sold these boards to sk8er000 and zizer'r and he already rise the price for his (Pacmania "excelent shape" pcb) ... 350euro + shipping (i don't reccomend for this price,if i was a person who want a Namco System 1 pcb)

Last edited:
I'm interested in a Pac-mani PCB, not just for this multi, but rather for the PCB. If someone has an excellent condition one and would consider selling or trading it, please PM me.

@xtrasmiley why? Just get the multi and cheapest Sys-1 PCB you can find, play it that way.
You'll be ripping apart that Pac Maina board anyway to install the multi to it, so who cares what it was originally.

@xtrasmiley why? Just get the multi and cheapest Sys-1 PCB you can find, play it that way.
You'll be ripping apart that Pac Maina board anyway to install the multi to it, so who cares what it was originally.
For a Pac-mania cab.

But eh, maybe you're right, throw the multi in there and pull it when I need to play Splatterhouse!

I guess this is will give me a chance to try Galaga 88 as well, I've heard goo things.

Yea if you have a tate monitor cab def give it a go, its never done much for me but many people will tell you G88 is one of the best games for Sys-1. *shrug*

You know this is waaaay off topic... But I've always felt Namco didn't get the proper respect they deserved for being the innovator they were.
Take Sega's Shinobi for example, its an awesome game no doubt! However, it came out AFTER Rolling Thunder from Namco.

Not only is Rolling Thunder a better game IMO, but it was FIRST!
Shinobi plays just like it, almost like Sega copied every good idea they had... Hmmmm ;)

The ghosts of Pac Man have haunted poor Namco, to the point where people really only see that as the face of the company.
Overlooking other important contributions to gaming made by them in the early days.

And Konami, jeezz don't get me started on Konami... Its painful for me to watch them fall down like they have. :(
If you gave me access to the IP catalog they are sitting on for just one year I believe I completely turn things around for them.
Problem is they don't know what they've got, and they certainly don't know how to leverage the fan-base of these classic games.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you gave me access to the IP catalog they are sitting on for just one year I believe I completely turn things around for them.
Problem is they don't know what they've got, and they certainly don't know how to leverage the fan-base of these classic games.
My opinion:

Ganbare Goemon should go to Good-Feel.
Gradius should go to Treasure.
Suikoden should go to Falcom.

A guy can dream, right?

You know this is waaaay off topic... But I've always felt Namco didn't get the proper respect they deserved for being the innovator they were.
Take Sega's Shinobi for example, its an awesome game no doubt! However, it came out AFTER Rolling Thunder from Namco.

Not only is Rolling Thunder a better game IMO, but it was FIRST!
Shinobi plays just like it, almost like Sega copied every good idea they had... Hmmmm ;)

The ghosts of Pac Man have haunted poor Namco, to the point where people really only see that as the face of the company.
Overlooking other important contributions to gaming made by them in the early days.

And Konami, jeezz don't get me started on Konami... Its painful for me to watch them fall down like they have. :(
Namco is also known for Tekken :P

Konami made a LOT of licensed stuff but they absolutely leverage their original IPs as pachinko/pachislo machines in Japan

Of course my only Sys 1 game is the most expensive..... Dragon Spirit! something inside me still hates converting these to the multis even though it's reversible. Same for the M72, I had a Ninja spirit for the multi :P

Back