What's new
Which system 1 board is the cheapest one these days? Most of system 1 boards are pretty pricey...

Which system 1 board is the cheapest one these days? Most of system 1 boards are pretty pricey...
This is the tricky point. I thought most of the system boards are difficult to find (1980s). Also, the Darksoft multi may make it much more pricey...... :huh:

does anyone know the prices of the system games today.
before the multi was announced they were $350 - $1000 USD depending on the game... today I think if you can find one below $500 you should probably buy it. I have a feeling prices will be taking a similar trajectory to M72 now that the multi is out.

Someone said once that prices of PCBs will drop down because of the multis.....

Interesting to see how is the other way around.
I think with CPS2 where you had lots of people who owned LOTs of CPS2 boards, when the multi came out they were able to sell off most of their collection, so there was a lot of extra supply.

I think with M72 and System 1 not many people had more than 1 game, and a lot more people who don't own one of those games want one now...

High Priced games on these systems will likely come down in price, so the celing is lower, but low priced games are going to be more valuable so the floor is higher now.

So maybe instead of $350-$1000, prices will be more like $500-$800

Anyone have a cap map/list for the NS1 motherboards?
Just an FYI to peeps doing recaps to prep, these axial caps have the tiniest f'n holes on the PCB! My stash of axials I used on other boards don't fit on this Namco PCB.

I didn't even know that was a thing. The legs on these caps can sometimes be so bulgy like a MOOSE that they don't fit?! :cursing: All the radials fit fine..

I'm gonna order the ones @sk8er000 has on his list. Guess I'll have to wait a few days to finish this install :whistling:

Anyone have a cap map/list for the NS1 motherboards?
Just an FYI to peeps doing recaps to prep, these axial caps have the tiniest f'n holes on the PCB! My stash of axials I used on other boards don't fit on this Namco PCB.
I didn't even know that was a thing. The legs on these caps can sometimes be so bulgy like a MOOSE that they don't fit?! :cursing: All the radials fit fine..

I'm gonna order the ones @sk8er000 has on his list. Guess I'll have to wait a few days to finish this install :whistling:
Thats where Im at too, waiting for the caps, my boards has some sus caps that looked like they were about to start leaking, so better off replacing now.

I've recapped my S1 with the ones on the list and didn't notice any issue. I had to change a couple of times the axial model on the list, the last I used (the ones on the list) are a bit smaller (in size not in specs) than the original ones but if you clean the holes nice they'll slide into without much force (at least for me).
You can see them here.
Obviously if someone finds a better model please let me know and I'll update them

Attachments

• IMG_20201126_085344_865.jpg
    IMG_20201126_085344_865.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 158
Hello my friends, i've received multi, it's an amazing stuff as usual.

Can someone please help me to fix a trouble i have on one mobo ?
I have colours problems on it, for instance ghosts are yellow instead of pink on pacmania. Same issues on some other titles.
Problem is on my mobo, the multi is perfect with another one.

If you go on my capacitors thread for the lists made by me there are already the mouser code product and the quantity

If you go on my capacitors thread for the lists made by me there are already the mouser code product and the quantity
Looks good. But if @ShootTheCore or @Derick2k used long life / high temp / upgrades please do let me know still. I prefer those upgrades if I can find 'em.

no problem, just consider that a 105° rated capacitor is not necessarily better than a 85° (both temperature on a console/arcade board are higher that the ones reached in a regular use), usually where is possible I chose capacitors accordingly to the native specs of the board since using a "better" capacitor is not always the right choice. :)
For example when I recapped my Saturn model 1 PSU with high temp low ESR capacitors the PSU was generating a huge video interference that wasn't present before (this was probable due to a specific calibration of the PSU with that specific capacitors and was the only time that a recap was causing issues).

From what I know low ESR capacitors are used in PSUs for filtering, and I never had any issue in using them (other than on that PSU). Maybe I wasn't clear but obviously not all the capacitors in that PSU were low ESR for example the high ripple ones usually aren't available in low ESR "type". Anyway what is reported from me on those lists it's working for me and I never thinked that is the best solution. If someone has a better models or type to suggest I'm always open to learn espacially if there is an explanation :) . It's not always possible to understand the exact type of the original ones.

Anyway I think that's not the right place to talk about that we're quite OT.

Back